Lindsey Thompson, Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Drexel

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Lindsey Thompson, a 21-year-old junior majoring in operations and supply chain management, is the campus correspondent for Drexel’s chapter of Her Campus. With her in charge the HCDU team worked its way up to pink level—meaning that HCDU is among the top 15 percent of chapters worldwide.

For most students, Drexel’s extremely heavy workload is enough to make you go crazy. For Lindsey, the workload was just the beginning and she craved more. She took on three different co-ops, added ton of stamps to her passport, and managed a staff of 40 college women. To put into perspective just how busy she really is, keep in mind that she hasn’t even applied for graduation yet!

Like most Dragons, Drexel’s Co-Op Program was a deciding factor in Lindsey’s decision to enroll. She loved the idea of being required to do three internships. Her first was a job at UPenn’s Annenberg College of Communications at their IT desk. Her second was at ACE Group Insurance in the procurement department. Her current and final co-op is at Comcast as a business continuity and innovation analyst.

Each one of her co-op jobs taught her lessons that she was able to apply in her day-to-day life and will apply in future endeavors. For example, her time at UPenn taught her a lot about communication. ACE taught her some of the ins and outs of business deals. So far, Comcast has taught her about working in corporations and also has cool perks like knowing about new technologies before they’re available to the public.

As an escape from school, Lindsey turned to extracurricular activities. She recalls attempting to start her own blog a couple of times, but her plan never really stuck due to a lack of audience. Finally, she discovered Her Campus. “I saw an ad for HCDU on FB and thought it would be a great way to write and ensure I had an audience who would read it,” she said. In no time, Lindsey was sharing her “infinite wisdom and really cute outfits” with the readers of HCDU.

After just a little while writing for HCDU, Lindsey was awarded the position of vice president and immediately became hooked on the responsibility. For the past two years, Lindsey has been Her Campus Drexel’s campus correspondent. As such she is the team’s main contact with HC Nationals. Her responsibilities include, but most certainly are not limited to, publishing all content, scheduling and running general body meetings, and so much more with the help of her awesome exec board, of course!

As aforementioned, Lindsey has led the chapter to the top of the pyramid by becoming a pink level chapter! HCDU currently has about 40 staff members, 850 Facebook followers, 620 Twitter followers, and 460 Instagram followers! That being said, articles are read and shared by a pretty impressive audience. Lindsey credits HCDU for her desire to professionally manage her own team one day and for her ability to manage a demanding schedule.

As we know, all good things must come to an end. As Lindsey’s senior year is rapidly approaching, she has decided it is time to pass on the correspondent crown. She plans to spend her last years as a Dragon by placing a heavier focus on finding out what’s in store for her future. Although Lindsey won’t be as busy next year, she definitely won’t be sitting around doing nothing. “I want to say I’m looking forward to relaxing but I know myself too well to know I’m not slowing down anytime soon,” she said.

HCXO and good luck with all your endeavors, Lindsey!

Design & Merchandising major
Her Campus Drexel contributor.