This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Hi bed,

It’s me. I know it’s been a while and I am sorry. I truly do apologize for abandoning you. I feel as if our relationship is hanging on by a thread. The flat sheet is on the floor. The fitted sheet is slowly slipping away. The pillows haven’t been fluffed.

I’m sorry that co-op has taken me away from you and that we don’t have our mid-day naps anymore. While I am sitting at my desk at work, just know I am thinking of you.

I hope you know that I remember the times that you molded to my body and lulled me to sleep quickly. I remember the nights (and days during the cold winter) that you were warm and cozy.

I now only use you for a quick slumber at night after an endless day of work and meetings. I throw my clothes on you. I toss my shoes and co-op bag on you. I no longer take care of you like I should. And I know that you have noticed. You no longer mold quickly to my body. You no longer keep me perfectly warm at night.

I only hope that within the next five and a half months, we will be able to reconnect and go back to the way things were. No other bed compares to your full-sized self with blankets and pillows galore. Sure I love my bed back at home in California, but since I have spent more time with you here I have grown to love and appreciate your size and perfect firmness.

Whether you choose to forgive me or not for the past two and half weeks, just know that I will always love you. I miss you and that I appreciate all that you do. I genuinely hope that we can solve this and get back to the way we were before co-op started.

With love always,

Maegan

Maegan is a sophomore History major at Drexel University who constantly contemplates double majoring or double minoring. When she's not writing a paper, reading or watching Netflix, she can be found day-dreaming, eating, staring at the sun or all of the above.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.