This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

For those who don’t know, Kung Fu Tea, founded in 2009, call themselves the “unchallenged experts in the bubble tea business”. With over 180 stores worldwide Kung Fu Tea has made a name for themselves among the best of the best in commercialized tea shops. I was so excited to see a bubble tea shop opening on campus because the closest was more than a fifteen-minute walk away.

The new Kung Fu Tea opened right next to University Crossings two weeks ago and the business has been booming. On opening day, I tried to go at four different times, and every time there was a line out of the door and down the block. At first, I was a little weary about the location, since it’s in an area that’s away from all the action, where Lebow and the rest of the quad is. However, customers of Kung Fu Tea seem to be a loyal bunch who will go wherever it is. I was surprised to see people leaving the quad where students usually sit when the weather is working in our favor to come and stand in line.

If you’re anything like me, when you first looked at it you were more than a little overwhelmed with how many drink options there were. There are over 60 different drink options from milk tea to punches to slushies, if all else fails variety. I ordered a Rosehip Milk Tea without the bubbles. Now, if you know me, you know my go-to drink at any bubble tea shop is a strawberry milk tea or the classic. However, like many women, rose anything looks incredibly intriguing and called out to me. They told me their most popular drink of the day was the Oreo Milk Tea (which I got a chance to try because I took my friend’s when she wasn’t looking). There were also food options that I looked at for a while and ended up having to order because of their 10 dollar minimum.

As I completely expected, service was slow due to the high demand even though it was going on the shop’s second week of business. For me, the Rosehip Milk Tea was love at first sip. It was everything I wanted and more. It was sweet, but not overpowering and refreshing since it was hot that day. I would 10/10 recommend this drink to anyone who loves anything rosy and sweet. The Oreo Milk Tea was also incredible and I could definitely see why it was the most popular. I will say it’s absolutely something you have to get without the bubbles for its full effect.

SO, what’s the verdict?

Four and a half bubble teas out of five. The only downfalls were that service was slow due to the number of people in the shop and the ten dollar minimum for debit/credit cards. I know I’m not the only college student that doesn’t always carry cash around on campus. Everything else was perfect, and I am more than excited to go back and try something else.

Anaya Mitchell is a Marketing major with a minor in Public Relations. She embodies love for all things fashion, pop culture, beauty, true crime, and binging TV series'.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.