Kallie Dorland, College Ambassador at Allied Integrated Marketing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Kallie Dorland, originally from Boulder, Colorado, is a dedicated student of Entertainment and Arts Management in Drexel University’s Antoinette Westphal College of Media Arts and Design. As a junior, Kallie is getting ready for her second co-op all while in class and working.

Choosing Drexel University to pursue her undergraduate degree was an easy decision for Kallie. Part of the decision was that she loves being in big cities. They are invigorating and exciting for her.

“There’s always something to do here,” Kallie said. “In Colorado, we did the same thing every day. We went to the same places again and again. But in Philly, there’s always something new to try and explore.”

The other part of what made Kallie’s decision so easy was that the EAM program was the perfect fit for her.

“I picked EAM because I love movies, but I’ve always had a head for business so this seemed like the perfect combination of the two things,” Kallie said.

Kallie’s first co-op was with a company that managed screenwriters, called The Mission Entertainment. During her time at The Mission, located in Los Angeles, California, Kallie read a lot of scripts of both current and prospective clients of the company. For the current clients, Kallie would provide feedback on scripts and for the prospective clients, she would screen the scripts to see if the company would be interested in signing them.

“That was really cool,” Kallie said.  “I got to see the development process for movies and how everything gets fine tuned before it goes to the studio.”

However, at Kallie’s current job as a college ambassador on the Warner Brother’s and Focus Features accounts at Allied Integrated Marketing, she’s interacting more with the marketing side than the development phase of movies. She plans promotional events on college campuses for upcoming movies, as well as corresponds with college press about advanced screening passes and press conferences.

“I like the marketing a lot better than development because it’s still creative but it’s more business oriented,” Kallie said. “I feel like it aligns better with my skills.”

Between having a full course load, looking for co-ops and having a part time job, Kallie doesn’t have much free time. However, in the spare time, she does have, she loves to go into the city and try out new bars and restaurants with her friends. No matter how many new places she tries, however, Mac Mart will always be her favorite spot in the city to grab a bite to eat. 

Kallie loves to travel, hang out with her friends, and she also likes to go to the Philadelphia Museum of Art to mosey around alone, and especially look at her favorite piece there: Zone by James Rosenquist.

Renee is a transfer student, and first year Junior at Drexel University. She is majoring in Anthropology and minoring in Sociology. She started writing for Her Campus Drexel in the fall of 2015, and is now working as the President and Co-Campus correspondent for the Her Campus at Drexel University chapter. You can find her eating, studying, eating, shopping downtown, or eating more.
Ariana is a senior communications major and a writer for Her Campus at Drexel University. She loves to learn about pop culture, sex and gender, and is currently working on her senior project researching communication about sexual health on campus. Her go-to binge-worthy shows are Friends and Sex and the City.