How to Have the Ultimate Night In on Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

If you are not the one to dress up and go trick or treating on Halloween night, here is a fun alternative for you and your friends to still enjoy from the comfort of your couch.

Send invites to a few of your closest friends

It doesn’t have to be a huge party, and don’t waste your time sending invitations that will get lost in the mail. Create a group chat of you and your closest friends and lure them in with their favorite movies and snacks. Even though you are not going out tell everyone to put on their best costume and get everyone excited!

Pick a scary (or non scary) Halloween Movie

Here are some go-to’s for Halloween night… Halloweentown, Hocus Pocus, Nightmare Before Christmas, Halloween (Michael Meyers), Goosebumps, Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, BOO!, Twitches, Casper, Scream, It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown.

Get (or make) Halloween Themed treats

Obviously it’s the season of the pumpkin, so get any pumpkin-flavored treats and LOTS of candy to snack on. Here are some examples: Pretty popcorn (put together your favorite popcorn, chocolate candy and pretzels), spider cookies, hot dog mummies, eyeball cake pops, s’mores Dip, candy apples and spider web donuts.

Decorate! 

Find some fun Halloween decor. Hang Lights, go to your Local Walmart or Target (they have lots of decor) and get signs to hang on the wall. Add some spider webs, get festive plates and cups have fun with it!

Make a Halloween Gingerbread house

It’s always fun to add an activity to the party! This one is easy and will add some extra decor to your Halloween theme party and it’s never too early to crack open a gingerbread house. It will work for the Holidays coming up too!

Paint Pumpkins

Go to your local store and buy pumpkins or baby pumpkins, get some paint and get creative with it! Carving is a thing of the past, painting is less messy, will last longer and they should be done drying by the time the movie is over so everyone can take theirs home. 

Make Festive Drinks

You might have the snacks down, but drinks are the stars of the show. Make it even more interesting by adding festive cups and straws, or a witch cauldron. Mix any drink of choice and add some green or red food coloring. Trust me, they will look good on Instagram later.

Morgan is a Communications Major at Drexel University.She is Currently the Event Coordinator for Drexel's chapter. She is into travel, cooking and Fitness/wellness and may spend a little too much time online shopping.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.