yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

Halloween In Philadelphia

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

If you’re looking for a fun night out with your friends, here is a list of places that have Halloween themed activities, Photo Opts and so much more! If you have a costume but won’t be trick or treating, here are some other places you can celebrate the holiday.

Tinsel

Tinsel is a pop up bar In center city that is decked out in Halloween themed drinks, decor, and is a great place for Halloween Photo opts for anyone that is 21+. This is a great place for a fun Halloween hangout where you can dress up in your cutest costumes and have some Halloween themed dinner and drinks!

Terror Behind The Walls

If you like a good scare, “Terror Behind the Walls” is in the Eastern State Penitentiary. It has a haunted history of real-life prisoners. They converted it into a scary haunted house. You walk through listening to scary stories and gotta stay alert for the scary creatures, they might just pop up when you least expect it.

Fright Factory

This is another scary haunted house. Here you walk through experiencing 3 different Halloween themes. Fun for students and adults looking for a good scare and it was featured on the Travel Channel as one of the scariest haunted attractions in America.

Linvilla Orchards

Linvilla is one of the most popular apple orchards in the Philadelphia Area. This one is not so scary, and it’s perfect for those who are not into the fright festivities. You can pick apples, pumpkins, shop for Halloween decor, go to a petting zoo, hayride and more. There’s also the best apple cider and donuts you will ever taste!

Shady Brook Farm

Shady Brook Farm is right outside of Philadelphia and it has fun activities going on during the day like pumpkin picking, hayrides and more. Then, when the sun goes down, it becomes a haunted attraction. There are 4 different attractions on the farm, so if you like scary, this is the place for you. It’s much like Terror Behind the Walls, but is placed in a farm cornfield. There is also food, a live band every night and s’mores stations!

Spin Philadelphia

If you’re looking for something fun and different to do with your friends, Spin is a ping pong club that is decked out in Halloween decor. They also have fun Halloween themed food and drinks for you to enjoy while competing against your friends in ping pong tournaments!

A Nightmare on Jawn Street: Horror Sketch Comedy Show 

Located at the Philly Improv Theatre from October 25 – 31, you can go watch sketches inspired by horror movies starring characters like slashers, demons and zombies.

Spirit of Philadelphia

Thursday on Halloween night the spirit of Philadelphia will be riding down the Delaware celebrating with a Halloween themed booze cruise.

Morgan is a Communications Major at Drexel University.She is Currently the Event Coordinator for Drexel's chapter. She is into travel, cooking and Fitness/wellness and may spend a little too much time online shopping.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.