timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

Hairstyles You’ll Be Wearing This Formal Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Straight or curly hair can become tiring after one formal event to another. Easy and different hairstyles? I’m in. Check these new dos to spice up your look!

Slicked Back Pony

We love a clean slicked back pony. Perfect to pair with a little black dress for a classic look or modernize it with a vintage jumpsuit. All you need is a large comb, hair tie, and some gel. Take your hair either parted in the middle or side. Gather gel and work the product in a downwards motion and brush any stray hairs. Now you have a hairstyle that is timeless and sleek as ever. This takes little to none hairstyling experience, as this also takes probably less than five minutes.

Image Courtesy of Andrew Collinge

French Braid Bun 

Who said a French braid was only for ponytails? Part your hair into a mini half up half down and start a regular French braid. Stop until the parted hair starts to fall and secure with an elastic hair tie. Gather the rest of your hair, twirl like a normal bun, and place bobby pins to hold bun in place. This hairstyle is for half up half down lover. Apply some hairspray to make sure those hairs don’t fly away!

Image Courtesy of Uplifting Mayhem  

Curly Twist

Oh, hello curly twist! This is a classic head a curl with a literal twist. Beachy curls are definitely a vibe for casually or dressy look. Curl your whole entire head with curls, keeping them loose and even. Take two thin pieces of hair from each side nearing your temples, twist them individually, and then together. If you want to finish the look like this one, wrap an extra piece around the hair tie to give a cleaner look. This style might need some extra hands, so invite your bff and buy her a coffee in return.

Image Courtesy of Glaminati

Bobby Pins

Yes, bobby pins we see you. Who knew showing bobby pins would be such a trend? Grab some silver or gold pins to match your jewelry look for the night. Either line them up linearly for a retro 90’s look or format them in shape or pattern. Pins can be so versatile with endless possibilities. This is taking step forward all the way from glittery butterfly clips to bejeweled hairpins in the fashion game. Take two pieces or non, this style has so much potential with little to no effort!

Image Courtesy of Hair Romance

French Braid Pony Tail

Sport it out with a French pony tail. This is the style you can either straight it out or curl away. Step by step, start first with a side French braid, then loosen the pieces. Loosening gives the look an effortless and flirty look. Secure with hair tie, then wrap around a single piece to finish it off! This, as well as the other French braid look require to most amount of effort within just five minutes. Not that bad huh?!

Image Courtesy of Missy Sue

Zara Barrett is a Design and Merchandising student at Drexel University. She loves all things fashion, beauty, and health.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.