A Guide to Wawa’s Welcome to America Festival on July 4th

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

We all know that Philly knows how to party. On July 4th you can party in the city with your friends and family from early in the day to late in the evening. There will be plenty of activities leading up to the famous concert. This year, Philly’s 4th of July Jam will be hosted by Philadelphia natives, The Roots with special guests like Miguel. Click here for specific details.

Starting at 10 a.m., Philly is kicking things off with a Celebration of Freedom Ceremony. From 11 a.m. until 1 p.m., the annual Independence Day Parade will commence. Party on the Parkway will be in full effect from noon until 7 p.m. But wait, there’s more! From 7 to 10:30 p.m., the whole city will be dancing at the Philly 4th of July Jam until the fireworks start around 11 p.m. Phew, this Fourth of July will be action-packed and tons of fun! 

If you’re trying to figure out what to wear to this music festival, Her Campus has some suggestions for you in our, What to Wear: Music Festival Edition. We’re also going to give you the scoop on the best places to go see fireworks. As always, HC Drexel wants to make sure that you’re well prepared this Independence Day. 

Though we have given you some examples already in our previous article, here’s one more patriotic outfit idea that allows you to express your love for your country this Fourth of July. The outfit below is fit for the blazing hot weather that July usually brings. Whenever the temperature is cranked up, you can’t go wrong with shorts and a tank top. Accentuate your festive tank with a classic pair of white chucks. Also at any festival, you’ll want to have a cross-body bag. A messy bun is the perfect way to keep you cool. Of course, you can’t forget the sunglasses!

Tank, Shorts, Sneakers, Lipstick, Sunglasses, Bag

Now, let’s talk fireworks! Although your neighborhood might be having a fireworks ceremony of its own, the two most popular places to go see a spectacular show are Penn’s Landing and the Philadelphia Museum of Art. The Penn’s Landing Ceremony is more of a family affair, whereas the museum appeals to a younger crowd. Either way, you’re in for a very fun time!

We hope this was a helpful breakdown of the loaded agenda for this holiday. If you’re looking for a fun-filled (and free) day, Philly’s got you covered! So, mark your calendars. Happy Fourth! 

Simone Wiley is a freshman majoring in fashion design.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.