A Guide to Contouring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Contouring is a makeup technique that uses shading to enhance certain features in your face. When paired with highlighting, contouring can help shape your face to flatter your best features. Though the process is pretty standard, it is not created equal for every face shape. Ever wondered how to contour correctly for your unique face shape? Use these tips below to get your best look!

First, figure out what your face shape most resembles. 

Next, identify where to shade and where to highlight according to the tutorial below. To further break down, the white dots represent where you should highlight (brighten), the brown dots represent where you should add depth (shade) and the pink dots represent where you should add blush(usually between the contour and highlight regions).  

Not sure what products to use? Below are some popular picks to help you get started…

Manali is a junior Biology major with a public health minor hoping to pursue her life goal of finding a keychain with her name on it . She's been with the Her Campus Drexel community since her sophomore year as a feature writer and hopes to one day run out of pages in her passport. You can find her planning her next adventure,exploring the city of Philadelphia, attempting to cook, or watching too much Netflix.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.