Gilmore Girls Winter Essentials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

The Gilmore Girls revival left us suspenseful and, thanks to Rory’s final words, we’re anxiously awaiting news of a second season (PLEASE!). We’ve rewatched the entire seven seasons of the original show and we still can’t seem to get our fix of our favorite early 2000s television show. Since we’re already consuming coffee like Lorelai due to finals, we might as well splurge on some other winter essentials that would definitely be approved by the residents of Stars Hollow.

For the caffeine craving

Okay, it may not be Gilmore-approved coffee, but Luke would certainly appreciate a cup of Yogi’s Sweet Tangerine Positive Energy or Green Tea Blueberry Slim Life. He would have no problem fixing Lorelai a warm cup of tea after her waking up in the middle of the night because of one of her infamous weird dreams.

For the ravenous reading habits

If you’re like Rory, a good book never goes unappreciated. Book of the Month Club is dedicated to helping the bookworms of the world find fresh new titles outside of the classroom every month. This subscription-based service will keep you as well read and worldly as the wise Rory Gilmore.

For the flawless skin

Rory is known for her pale, porcelain complexion that is seemingly always blemish-free. Achieve the same ageless look with 7 Wonders Amazonian Acai Anti-pollution Mask, 7 Wonders Caribbean Coconut Calming Mask and 7 Wonders Kalahari Melon Moisturizing Mask by Leaders Cosmetics.

For the rebellious side

Layne’s floorboards always served as a gateway to a universe full of makeup and music that was forbidden in her strict, religious household. You can stock up on makeup for your own secret stash with Rimmel London products, including Scandaleyes Original Mascara and Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner. Provocalips 16HR Kissproof Lip Colour comes in seven shades and lasts all day for makeout sessions with Logan, Dean or Jess (you decide). Don’t forget the Natural Bronzer to add some color to those pale, Rory-like cheeks!

For the post-break up periods

Lorelai’s advice for dealing with a break up is gold. Everyone needs to wallow sometimes. “Get back in your pajamas, go to bed, eat nothing but gallons of ice cream and tons of pizza, don’t take a shower or shave your legs,” she suggests. But for those times when you’re not having a good cry or boycotting bare legs, Pure Silk Shave Cream in Raspberry Mist will get your legs silky smooth again.

Hopefully this winter will end better than the seasonal episodes of A Year in the Life. For a chance to win these Gilmore girl-approved items and more, enter to win our giveaway by following us on Instagram (@hercampusdrexel), liking our #giveaway post and tagging a friend in the comments!

Image 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Ariana is a senior communications major and a writer for Her Campus at Drexel University. She loves to learn about pop culture, sex and gender, and is currently working on her senior project researching communication about sexual health on campus. Her go-to binge-worthy shows are Friends and Sex and the City.