Gettin’ Pretty at Lacquer Lounge

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

While enjoying the scenery in Rittenhouse Square during my lunch break, I always walk past this cute nail bar on the corner of 20th and Walnut. A few weeks ago I finally had a chance to try out a service and I already know I’ll be back, especially since sorority recruitment is right around the corner! 

As soon as I walked into Lacquer Lounge Nail Bar and Beautique I knew I was making a good decision. The receptionist greeted me with a warm smile and was ready to answer all of my questions concerning their services. My appointment was during the crazy lunch hour so I opted for their “Power Hour” manicure. This included nail shaping, cuticle push, moisturizing, and buff or polish. I chose a bright pink and opted for their polish that stays on for two weeks. I usually get the gel polish but as a first time client I was open to trying something new. My nail technician had me in and out within 30 minutes, which rarely happens in nail salons.

Next time I visit I really want to try their “Guava Island Escape” pedicure, which includes a coconut milk bath soak, guava sugar rub, guava body butter application, a warm towel wrap followed by a hot stone and hydrating guava infused oil massage made to revitalize and nourish your skin and, of course, polish of your choice.

What I appreciate the most about this nail bar is that they were committed to providing their clients an experience, instead of just a service. Not only does the staff focus on making you look good, but they create an environment where clients feel good. With the sophisticated pink, white, and grey decor, I felt like any collegiette would feel right at home; it was very stylish. This “beautique” was incredibly clean, which is a rare find in Center City.

Lacquer Lounge also specializes in beauty services, like facial waxing and airbrush tanning. Another cool feature is their front-of-house shop where you can buy cute sundresses, sandals, and jewelry. So if you’re feeling like a million bucks right after your nail service but didn’t wear a cute outfit, no worries, they’ve got you covered. This place is literally your one stop shop for beauty and fashion. Prices can be a little high for a college budget, but you definitely get what you pay for. Make sure to bring your school ID so you can take advantage of their student discount! 

http://www.lacquerlounge.com

Rittenhouse           Queen Village 

2051 Walnut Street   501 Fitzwater Street