Style > Beauty

Four Simple Steps to Having Great Skin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Worried about a proper skincare routine that’s effective yet affordable? Here’s your great fix! Four simple steps to having flawless, soft skin as a college student. 

Step 1: Cleanser Image Courtesy of Walgreens

Start without using any water. Rub the cleanser on to your dry skin with your fingertips for 30 seconds. It exfoliates better as it takes a longer time to wash it off. Take a minute or two to wash if odd completely before the next step.

Step 2: TonerImage Courtesy of Amazon

Use Burt’s Bees Salicylic Acid toner all over your face gently. Press into your skin with your fingers. It acts as an exfoliator.

Step 3: Moisturizer

Image Courtesy of Target

Morning: Cetaphil Oil Absorbing Moisturizer with SPF 30. It gives your face a matte texture and reduces aging. Night: Use one pump Burt’s Bees Salicylic Acid Moisturizer. It fights acne as it moisturizes. Image Courtesy of allure

Extra tip: If you have a break out you can use Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair with your moisturizer. Image Courtesy of Neutrogena 

Fair warning: it is a little bit more of a splurge as a college student, however, the retinol in the serum can really help reduce acne.

Step 4: Drying Lotion Image Courtesy of Urban Outfitters

Use Mario Badescu Drying Lotion if you have acne spots or redness, this is an excellent fixer if you want to reduce spotting and redness overnight. Additionally, you can use Aztec Secret Indian healing clay once a week.

Image Courtesy of Aisha Fashion World

Use Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar gel mask and scrub once or twice a week for better results.​Image Courtesy of Walmart

Hope you have great skin through this skincare routine!

Erum Hamid

Drexel '23

I believe that the sign of a successful person is someone who strives persistently to increase interests through diverse experience, dedication, commitment and has the willingness to sacrifice personal time today for a better tomorrow.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.