This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Are you tired of standing in those long lines Starbucks just to order the same thing you always do? Is the taste of Saxby’s vanilla latte permanently ingrained into your memory? Are you looking for a change in scenery? Well, look no further! Here are the five must-visit coffee shops around the city of Philadelphia.

1. Elixr Coffee

Image Courtesy of Metro US

Exlir is a crowd-favorite according to many Philadelphians. Elixr is a go-to spot for high-quality pour-overs. The second shop Exlir opened in Callowhill is even complete with an on-site roastery. The reclaimed wood accents and sleek marble countertops make for a bright and rustic ambiance. Many people live for Exlir’s Synesso Hydra-brewed espresso.

Multiple Locations Including, 207 S Sydenham St Philadelphia, Pa 19102

2. Rival Bros

Image Courtesy of Eater Philly

Rival Bros, created by two lifelong friends, is a full-service cafe complete with classic espresso drinks plus new and creative riffs on all of the classics. Each Rival Bros location is decked out in mod decor, with dark paneling and gold accents. Their nitro coffee, which is a cold-brew coffee that’s pressurized with nitrogen and served on tap, is one of their best sellers. Rival Bros is a coffee roaster of choice for many Philly restaurants, and many other bakeries and shops sell their freshly roasted beans. Be sure to accompany your coffee with some pastries Rival Bros sells from both Machine Shop Boulangerie and High Street on Market.

Multiple Locations Including, 2400 Lombard St Philadelphia Pa, 19146

3. Ultimo Coffee

Image Courtesy of Billy Penn

With multiple locations spanning from Rittenhouse to Point Breeze, it seems like Ultimo coffee is always just a few blocks away. And even if it is an uber drive away, the trip fare is still worth it. Rated best espresso in the city by The Philadelphia Inquirer and best in the country by The Daily Meal, Ultimo is for all of the caffeine connoisseurs out there. Ultimo serves Counter Culture Coffee, which is expertly ground and brewed to order.

Multiple Locations Including, 238 S 20th St Philadelphia, PA 19103

4. Greenstreet Cafe

Image Courtesy of Greenstreet

Here at Greenstreet, sustainability and responsible sourcing is the main goal at this cozy cafe. Greenstreet always ensures they secure the best, most ethical coffee beans directly from producers. This fun and quirky roaster is definite must-try. Whether you go for the good coffee or the feel-good vibes, you will leave feeling inspired by the cafe’s sustainable mission.

1101 Spruce St Philadelphia, PA 19107

5. La Colombe

Image Courtesy of La Colombe

Fun Fact: La Colombe was created in Philadelphia! And trust me when I say La Colombe’s flagship location is a sight to see. Some even argue that La Colombe is the originator of Philly’s first wave of coffee. The Fishtown location was set up as a distillery and even has a wood-fired oven to cook in. Be sure to try one of the draft lattes they have on tap, and don’t forget to stay long enough to appreciate the industrial space with effortlessly cool decor. There are five other La Colombes in Philly and several more locations in other cities.

Multiple Locations Including, 1335 Frankford Ave Philadelphia, Pa 19125

Whether you are looking for some killer cups of coffee or a new place to study, you can’t go wrong with any of these cafes. If you’re feeling adventurous, grab a friend and try all of these unique shops! After all, one can never have too much coffee (at least that’s my opinion, as I sit here writing this article with a cold brew in my hand). It looks like the coffee wave in Philadelphia is not slowing down, so keep exploring my fellow coffee lovers.

Julianna is a freshman Drexel University. She is a Global Studies Major, with a concentration in global justice and human rights. Julianna is passionate about politics, travel, and fashion. As a Philadelphia native, Julianna can be found exploring the city for exciting new shops and restaurants in her free time.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.