Eshan Nanda, VP of Broad Street Baadshahz

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Meet this week’s campus celeb, Eshan Nanda!

Eshan Nanda is a sophomore Biology major on the pre-med track here at Drexel University. He’s originally from the suburbs of Olney, Maryland. When asked why he chose to come to Drexel, he replied, “I knew Drexel had an excellent science program for its students, plus I’ve always wanted to go to school in a big city like Philly”.

Drexel is full of competitive dance teams varying in all kinds of different dance forms. Eshan is the vice president of the Broad Street Baadshahz, an award winning, all male, South Asian fusion dance team. He joined the dance team as a freshman, and since then BSB has become a big part of his life. Eshan became an avid dancer after discovering his talent and love for it after becoming a member of his high school’s dance team.

Eshan admits that the role of VP comes with its fair share of responsibilities. This includes tasks like managing the team’s schedule when traveling for competitions, running practices, making props, and entering the team into different competitions all over the country. “The best part of being VP for me is definitely getting to see your vision play out on stage. Everyone looks to you for encouragement and advice, which has helped me to become closer with my teammates. Not to mention, dancing is the best way to stay active,” he said.  

Managing many aspects of the team can be pretty testing at times. “It’s definitely a lot of work and time commitment.  But it is also extremely rewarding in the end. And I feel that I’ve learned to become a better leader because of my experiences with BSB,” Eshan said.  

As a leader and member of the team, Eshan discussed the many opportunities which BSB has provided for him. He said, “I’ve had the opportunity to travel all over the country, which I found really exciting. So far, my team and I have traveled to California, Boston, and New York together. I’ve been able to make many friends who are part of other national dance team organizations, all of whom I can relate to. We actually have a show coming up on February 28th in Boston, so I’m pretty excited about that. Personally, I feel that joining BSB has given me a sense of stage presence, and boosted my confidence. I feel so lucky to be part of an organization in which everyone shares a passion for something that we all love.” 

After graduation, Eshan plans on attending medical school to become a physician. 

Manali is a junior Biology major with a public health minor hoping to pursue her life goal of finding a keychain with her name on it . She's been with the Her Campus Drexel community since her sophomore year as a feature writer and hopes to one day run out of pages in her passport. You can find her planning her next adventure,exploring the city of Philadelphia, attempting to cook, or watching too much Netflix.
Lindsey is a senior at Drexel University, majoring in operations management & bus. analytics. She has been with Her Campus Drexel for four years and was CC for the middle two. Along with living the city life, she takes an active interest in street style, putting together puzzles and binge-watching her current Netflix obsession. She actually calls Montana her true home so now you can say you know that someone actually lives there ;). When she's in Philly, you can find her in Center City scouring the racks of thrift stores, Old Navy, and H&M if she's not on campus enjoying the multiple food trucks or catching up on the readings she put off until the last day.