The Drexel Listen: Spring Jam Preview

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

One of our favorite parts about spring term is CAB’s Spring Jam concert. This year, plan to “Get Wet” with headliner Krewella. Accompanying Krewella on their 2014 Verge Campus Tour is Logic and Radical Something. The event will be next Saturday, May 10 in Lot F behind Main Building.  Be a part of the crowd from 6-10PM for only $5 with your DragonCard.  If you want to share the night with some special friends that don’t attend Drexel, you can purchase an additional two tickets for $10 each. Don’t forget to tag #DUSpringJam and #Verge14 on social media!

Radical Something is a trio consisting of Alex Lagemann, Josh Hallbauer, and Mike Costanzo.  This dashing group of young men are from northern and southern California and make great music that is a blend of hip-hop and reggae with California vibes. They are recognized for their chill acoustic guitar sound. Some of their more popular songs are “Pure” and “Be Easy ft. The Kinetics.” In the past year, Radical Something headlined three national tours and are continuing to grow their fan base. After hearing their set, you’ll wish you were hanging out on the beach!

Sir Robert Bryson Hall II, otherwise known as Logic, is a twenty-four-year-old from Gaithersburg, Maryland. Logic is a rapper who coined his own nickname, Young Sinatra. His clever lyrics are backed by smooth jam beats. Logic draws upon influences from artists such as A$AP Rocky and Mac Miller. He released his first album in 2010 and is currently working on his fifth studio album. Check out his collaboration with Big Sean on their song “Alright.”

Jahan Yousaf, Yasmine Yousaf and Rain Man are the trio that is known as Krewella. Originally from Chicago, Illinois, they formed in 2007. After putting out a few EP’s, Krewella released their debut album entitled “Get Wet” last September on Columbia records. Within the first week, the album hit the top ten on Billboard Hot 200. While incorporating classic dance music with EDM, Krewella’s music is fun, upbeat, and the perfect kick-off to summer. They are known for their strong female lead vocals, fast-paced back beats and bass drops. Check out hits “Live for the Night” and “Alive.”

To buy your tickets go to dusj.ticketleap.com/2014

Lizzy Lehn Is a Photography Major at Drexel University. Originally from California, she came out west to get closer to the Big Apple. She is inspired by her dreams, friends and daily life.
Aubrey Nagle is an English major at Drexel University. She is currently a Features intern at Marie Claire and has previously interned Seventeen and Philadelphia magazine. She loves everything about pop culture and someday hopes to be a culture critic or an Entertainment Director for a women's magazine or national newspaper.To view her clips visit aubreynagle.contently.com and follow her on Twitter @aubsn.