Deepher Dude Preview

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

On February 7th, Delta Phi Epsilon is hosting their annual all male beauty pageant benefitting the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. The event is held in Drexel’s Main Building at 7pm. This year’s theme is “GQ” and 14 contestants will be participating!

Delta Phi Epsilon’s national philanthropy is the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. The foundation’s mission is to cure cystic fibrosis, which is a genetic disorder that affects mostly the lungs but also the pancreas, liver, kidneys, and intestine. It also aims to provide all people with the disease the opportunity to lead full, productive lives by funding research and drug development, promoting individualized treatment, and ensuring access to high-quality, specialized care. DPhiE at Drexel prides themselves ad being nationally recognized by their headquarters as the highest fundraising chapter of DPhiE for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation!

They start their fundraising efforts in the fall by hosting a pasta dinner buffet at the DPhiE house that is open to all members of the Drexel community. After the dinner, the sisters are encouraged to reach out to family, friends, and coworkers for donations to the foundation. The contestants also fundraise by hosting fundraisers such as bake sales and partnerships with local businesses. The contestants are brothers from all of Drexel’s IFC fraternities, a member from the MGC fraternity, and this year they have a member from the Campus Activities Board participating.  The Deepher Dude planning committee reaches out to local businesses for sponsorship opportunities. At the event itself, there are raffle and t-shirt sales to bring in extra donations to the foundation.

To help the participants, each contestant is given an entire team of sisters to help fundraise, led by the contestant’s escort, who also helps him prepare for the competition and is with him every step of the way. The event consists of the males doing a cheer, a talent, and a question portion. The sisters of the sorority coach the guys on the cheer and talent.

If you’re interested in fundraising, here is a link to the page: http://www.cff.org/GiftReg/dsp_donationPage.cfm?AppealCode=REGOTHE14&idUser=690024

This event is open to all Drexel students, so if you’re looking for a night full of laughing, you should totally come and support this awesome cause. 

Here are some photos from last year!

Lindsey is a senior at Drexel University, majoring in operations management & bus. analytics. She has been with Her Campus Drexel for four years and was CC for the middle two. Along with living the city life, she takes an active interest in street style, putting together puzzles and binge-watching her current Netflix obsession. She actually calls Montana her true home so now you can say you know that someone actually lives there ;). When she's in Philly, you can find her in Center City scouring the racks of thrift stores, Old Navy, and H&M if she's not on campus enjoying the multiple food trucks or catching up on the readings she put off until the last day.