This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

We all know the age old struggles that come with going to college. How are we supposed to act? How do we cope with all the work? And most importantly, how are we supposed to interact with everyone else who is trying to figure out the same things we’re trying to figure out?! Our reactions to some of these strange situations are as follows. 

1. Being a freshman surrounded by too much PDA

2. Learning to deal with the kid in group projects who just does not know what’s going on

3. Going to class without remembering to take a shower that morning… or the two mornings before that

4. Figuring out how to respond when your professor still doesn’t know your name and you’re halfway through the term

5. Finding the perfect word to use in your paper so you use it forty-seven times in the course of three paragraphs 

6. Hearing your upstairs neighbors partying while you’re studying for your exam tomorrow

7. Refraining from telling your professor what you would like to do when you get a D on the paper you worked on ALL NIGHT LONG

8. Telling your parents why going to Friday class after Thirsty Thursday was just not happening 

9. Feeling confused when your professor refers to the book that you haven’t even opened

Sometimes, there’s just no right way to handle a situation. You’ll just have to wander through the fire swamp and hope that Prince Humperdinck isn’t waiting for you on the other side. 

Renee is a transfer student, and first year Junior at Drexel University. She is majoring in Anthropology and minoring in Sociology. She started writing for Her Campus Drexel in the fall of 2015, and is now working as the President and Co-Campus correspondent for the Her Campus at Drexel University chapter. You can find her eating, studying, eating, shopping downtown, or eating more.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.