Christie Thompson, Homecoming Queen 2014

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Christie Thompson

Age: 23

Major: Communication, Public Relations (Minors in women’s studies and business administration)

Class: Senior

What are your hobbies? In my free time I enjoy writing for two blogs, Sorority Stylista and Armed & Readi’s “Ring it On” blog. I also enjoy sewing my own clothes and making my own jewelry. My favorite thing to do is figure out how to get “the look for less,” so I’m always trying to be innovative with my fashion and the pieces that I put together.

Are you involved in any student organizations? On campus I am involved in several organizations including Sigma Sigma Sigma sorority and Kappa Theta Epsilon National Co-op Honor Society. I also work for the Commuter|Transfer Student Engagement Office on campus.

What is your favorite part about Drexel? I love the atmosphere at Drexel. Being located in the city means that the campus is always alive and buzzing. I also love being surrounded by young professionals and entrepreneurs. It’s really inspiring!

Why did you choose Drexel? I chose to come to Drexel because of the co-op program which has been an excellent learning experience. The co-op program not only allows students to gain real on-the-job experience but it also is a great opportunity to try out several different types of jobs or fields.

What has been the best moment that you have had here? I think that the best moment I’ve had at Drexel was being crowned Drexel Homecoming Queen for 2014. I was so shocked to be voted queen by my peers and I am so honored to represent our campus as the Drexel Homecoming Queen.

What do you want to do after you graduate? After I graduate I plan to remain in Philadelphia. I am currently seeking a job in public relations or design communication. I also plan to continue my work with fashion and lifestyles blogging since that is one of my favorite pastimes!

Aubrey Nagle is an English major at Drexel University. She is currently a Features intern at Marie Claire and has previously interned Seventeen and Philadelphia magazine. She loves everything about pop culture and someday hopes to be a culture critic or an Entertainment Director for a women's magazine or national newspaper.To view her clips visit aubreynagle.contently.com and follow her on Twitter @aubsn.