Chelsea Pullan: Greek Life Superstar

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

If you’re involved in Greek life at Drexel, chances are you’ve heard of Chelsea Pullan. A member of Delta Zeta, Pullan has been heavily involved in the Greek community here since she stepped on campus.

Since she’s arrived, Pullan has held positions as the Standards Chair, Vice President of Programming, and Greek Week Chair within DZ. Additionally, she has been the Community Service Chair, the Athletics Chair, and the Greek Week Chair for the overarching Panhellenic Council. After so much involvement with the other Greeks on campus, Pullan still wanted to do more for her campus! Her next natural step was to run for Undergraduate Student Government Association Greek Life Representative.

A senior Business Administration major with a concentration in Marketing, Pullan has been able to work with many members of the USGA in her time as Greek Life Rep. “USGA works together as a well-oiled machine,” she says. “We all help each other out with anything and everything.”

In the USGA Pullan works closely with students like Hong-Anh Pham, the International Student Representative, Taylor Collins, the Student Organizations Representative, Ashley Parker-Roman, the Transfer Student Representative, Mahmoud Shurbaji, the Athletics Representative, Olivia Klingbeil, the Commuter Student Representative and Mike Heller, the Residential Living Representative. Pullan is also part of the Student Life Assembly of the USGA.

Though she is a proud and dedicated member of Delta Zeta, Pullan is happy she has been able to meet and work with so many people outside the Greek community. “It has enhanced my Drexel experience outside of the classroom and has given me experiences and skills that I have been able to transfer to the classroom and work place,” Pullan says.

Pullan didn’t start her college career as a Dragon.  She began at Champlain College, a small liberal arts school in Vermont, in 2008 when suddenly the recession hit. “I quickly realized that in order to be successful in my career I would need a college experience that was unique,” she says. “I started looking into transferring and the idea of a co-op school caught my eye!”

The rest was history, and once in the City of Brotherly Love, Pullan fell in love with the Drexel community. “Everyone at Drexel operates on dedication hyper-speed! I accredit it to our 10-week terms. Whether it is a faculty member, staff, or students, everyone is so dedicated and determined in whatever they are passionate about,” she says.

Pullan has that same dedication, which she pours into her extracurricular activities, experiences she says will last her a lifetime. “I think that being involved in extracurricular activities makes the Drexel experience. Being an involved member of the community around you is not just a high school or college thing, it is a life-long thing,” Pullan says.

When it comes to her free time, Pullan works just as hard. She loves hanging out with her sorority sisters at events like their annual philanthropy event, the Turtle Tug, which supports the Pennsylvania School for the Deaf. She even participates in Triathlons!

Of her incredible experiences with the Greek and Drexel communities, Pullan will take what she has learned with her as she graduates this year. “I think that the relationships I have formed, the experience I have acquired, the connections I have made, the opportunities I have had and the leadership skills I have gained have all had an impact on my work experience and ethic,” she says.

As such an impactful member of the campus, Pullan will surely be missed. Luckily for future Dragons and Delta Zeta sisters, alumni associations will soon gain a powerful member!

Aubrey Nagle is an English major at Drexel University. She is currently a Features intern at Marie Claire and has previously interned Seventeen and Philadelphia magazine. She loves everything about pop culture and someday hopes to be a culture critic or an Entertainment Director for a women's magazine or national newspaper.To view her clips visit aubreynagle.contently.com and follow her on Twitter @aubsn.