Campus Cutie: Lyssia Sasi Katan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Lyssia Sasi Katan

Age: 19

Major: Business Entrepreneurship with a minor in Culinary Arts

Class: Sophomore

What are your hobbies? I love to be outside and enjoy the fall weather. If it’s walking to Center City or taking a stroll by the Schuylkill River, I’m totally game. I also love to play squash in my free time & I’m on an intramural flag football team called the Chabadnicks. We’re going to playoffs & hopefully championships after that, so watch out for us!

Are you involved in any student organizations? Yes, I’m a Drexel Student Ambassador; you can find me giving tours around campus. I’m also very involved in Dragons for Israel. I do their marketing & online presence as well as help plan events throughout the term.

What is your favorite part about Drexel? I love the diversity of the students. Everyone comes from a different place or even country but we come together & share ideas and experiences. I love learning from other people. I think people have a lot to teach and learn from each other, sometimes it’s just about listening.

Why did you choose Drexel? I initially chose Drexel because of the Co-Op program but I really think it’s much more than that. I was able to combine two things that I loved, entrepreneurship and baking, while living in the City of Brotherly Love!

What has been the best moment you have had here? I’ve had several amazing moments but some of the best have been with friends or at my current Co-Op. I work at Arcadia Boutique in Northern Liberties and I get to be creative with window displays or blog posts. I also volunteer at a local animal shelter and every day that I get to play with the puppies is a great one for sure! As for on campus memories, last year when I was a freshman and the weather started warming up right around spring term, several of my friends and I would just hang out on the grass of Race Lawn. It was fun just relaxing and watching everyone running past. I also loved the first basketball game I went to last year. There was so much spirit it was like a sea of blue and gold. I also got a picture with Mario!

What do you want to do after you graduate? Ideally after I graduate I want to travel the world. I have such a bad case of wanderlust, it hurts! I want to go explore different countries and see how people around the world live their lives. I want to see as much of the world as possible and experience various cultures. I definitely want to study abroad soon but studying is one thing and living & exploring is a complete other! Hopefully I will be able to bring back my experiences and open my own bakery — that’s the dream!

Aubrey Nagle is an English major at Drexel University. She is currently a Features intern at Marie Claire and has previously interned Seventeen and Philadelphia magazine. She loves everything about pop culture and someday hopes to be a culture critic or an Entertainment Director for a women's magazine or national newspaper.To view her clips visit aubreynagle.contently.com and follow her on Twitter @aubsn.