Campus Cutie: Katie Engel

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

This week’s Campus Cutie is the winner of our Erin Express Basket Giveaway!

Katie Engel

Age: 20

Major: Entertainment & Arts Management with a Performing Arts Concentration and a Business Administration Minor

Class: Sophomore

What are your hobbies? Singing, dancing, reading, listening to music, going to see concerts and other theater performances. 

Are you involved in any student organizations? I am a member of Delta Zeta where I am a New Member Education Assistant and on the Turtle Tug Philanthropy Committee. I also recently took over as the Producing Director of Late Night Series Philly, Drexel’s on-campus open mic night that happens every Thursday. 

What is your favorite part about Drexel? Definitely living in Philadelphia. I love the feel and the vibe of the city, and being able to experience that while in college on such a great urban campus is amazing. 

Why did you choose Drexel? For my major. I knew in high school that I wanted to study Music Management, and I couldn’t find another school that had a program anything like Drexel’s. The EAM program is really neat, and tailored to what you want to do in the entertainment industry, so I really love it. 

What has been your best moment at Drexel? Hands down, joining Delta Zeta this past fall. I have met so many incredible people who have already touched my life in so many ways, and I am so honored to be a part of the wonderful Greek community here at Drexel. 

What do you want to do after you graduate? I would really like to move to New York City and work in theater. Someday I want to run a performing arts center in the city, so whatever gets me there!

Aubrey Nagle is an English major at Drexel University. She is currently a Features intern at Marie Claire and has previously interned Seventeen and Philadelphia magazine. She loves everything about pop culture and someday hopes to be a culture critic or an Entertainment Director for a women's magazine or national newspaper.To view her clips visit aubreynagle.contently.com and follow her on Twitter @aubsn.