Campus Cutie: Charlie Fraser

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Charlie Fraser

Age: 19 

Major: English, possible minor in French

Class: 2018

What are your hobbies and interests? Some of my hobbies are playing volleyball, which I have been playing since 5th grade, soccer, and the theatre.  I’m specifically interested in doing lighting and designing for the theatre.  

Are you involved in any student organizations? I’m apart of Student Ambassador. Basically we are the face of Drexel. We work open houses, event days and give tours around the entire campus. We give prospective students a window into student life by highlighting our experiences at Drexel.

I’m also apart of Drexel Players, a student run theatre program comprised of everyone from the actors to the production staff. Every term, when we aren’t on Co-Op, we work on any of the plays and musicals that Drexel Theatre is holding. I previously assisted in stage productions, but I currently work on lighting for all shows.

What is your favorite part of Drexel? My favorite part of Drexel is the city! [It’s] situated in the best place ever. It’s near Center City and the museum district. There’s so much to do around campus!

Why did you choose Drexel? Honestly, the reason why I applied to Drexel was because I wanted to go to a city school and I’m a city guy. When I came to visit Drexel before I applied, I enjoyed [the campus] and its history. I like the diversity of the student body. Also I felt like Drexel would give us more of a real life experience in preparation for the outside world (when it comes to jobs).

What is the best moment you’ve had so far as a freshman? The best moments I’ve had so far include forming friendships with the people on my floor (I didn’t expect us to be friends or to have close bonds, but I’ve formed a little family on my floor), in my clubs and organizations, as well as with my professors.

What do you want to do when you graduate? I want to pursue law. I’m not sure what branch, but I am interested in criminal law. I also plan on going someplace where it’s warm year around.

Aubrey Nagle is an English major at Drexel University. She is currently a Features intern at Marie Claire and has previously interned Seventeen and Philadelphia magazine. She loves everything about pop culture and someday hopes to be a culture critic or an Entertainment Director for a women's magazine or national newspaper.To view her clips visit aubreynagle.contently.com and follow her on Twitter @aubsn.