Boba at Drexel: a Bubble-Tea Lover’s Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Attention all boba lovers at Drexel: this article is for you. Whether you’ve just moved to campus, have been here for a while but are searching for a new tea place, or are so intrigued by this popular drink and looking to try it for the first time, I guarantee that you’ll find what you’re looking for here. 

Woosa @woosatea

Introducing my personal favorite bubble tea shop, Woosa. My first ever boba drink was from this place two years ago, and I’ve been a regular ever since. Being located on 3639 Lancaster Ave, it’s not quite exactly on campus, but it’s close enough and worth the short walk. They have some adorable jelly topping options like strawberry hearts and mango stars (which I love ordering as toppings for the Mango Green Tea), and they’re also lactose-free and vegan-friendly. Not to mention the interior design and cup stickers are so aesthetically pleasing. They recently opened an outdoor seating area, so go check it out!

Boba King @bobaking.usa

Boba King is a cute boba and coffee shop that just opened this year on April 1st! Since its grand opening, students could be seen waiting in lines that went all the way out of the door. What’s special about this place is that they have other treats to offer aside from boba tea and coffee, such as milkshakes and prettily decorated honey bread. I recently tried the White Grape Fruit Tea and thought it was very tasty and refreshing! Open every day from 9am to 9pm and located on 3200 Chestnut, Boba King is a very cute and convenient bubble tea stop for Drexel students.

Kung Fu Tea @drexeluniversity_kft

Lastly, Drexel students can get their boba from Kung Fu Tea, a leading nationwide tea brand with over 10 locations in Philadelphia alone. There’s a variety of bubble tea options that you can try, including milk tea, punch, slush, milk cap, milk strike, and seasonal specials. In 2021 they collaborated with Hershey to offer some chocolate-flavored drinks, which are absolutely delicious! If you’re hungry, they also have some food options. The Kung Fu Tea at Drexel is only a couple years old, and it’s located right next to University Crossings on 13 N 32nd St, making it a very convenient and trustworthy stop for some yummy boba.

Why not enjoy the fall weather while simultaneously drinking some bubble tea? Now that you have these options laid out for you, take a break from studying and enjoy!

Jana is a current senior at Drexel University (Class of 2022) studying psychology and French. In her free time she enjoys reading, doing yoga, and writing articles for Her Campus.