The Bachelor Recap: Week 7

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

This season of The Bachelor is nearing an end with only four contestants remaining after last night’s episode. In this episode, Ben and the women traveled to Ben’s hometown to continue their search for love. Keep reading for a recap of this week’s episode and as usual, beware of spoilers.

The first date was a one-on-one date with Lauren B. (the only Lauren left) and it began with a nice drive around Ben’s hometown. Ben showed Lauren a few of his favorite and most meaningful spots as they drove around town. He even stopped at the location where he had his first kiss! Next the couple went to the community center that Ben worked at for several years. They spent the day playing with the kids at the center and Ben surprised everyone with a visit from a couple of players for the NBA team, the Pacers. Finally, the couple went to a dive bar.

The next date was a one-on-one with Jojo in Chicago. They strolled around the city until they reached Wrigley Field and Ben revealed that this was the location of their date. Inside the stadium, there were two baseball uniforms that said “Mr. Higgins” and “Mrs. Higgins” on the back. The couple put on the uniforms and played baseball with each other. After their game and some cuddling on the field, they ended their date with dinner in the mid-field.

The third date of the week was a group date with three women: Becca, Amanda, and Caila. This was also the final group date of the competition. The group portion of the date consisted of paddle boating down a river and flying kites. Then Ben had one-on-one time with each of the women before he decided to give the group date rose to Amanda. This rose was the only date rose of the week and Amanda received a one-on-one date with Ben because she got the rose.

On their one-on-one date, Amanda and Ben went to a McDonald’s. They got behind the counter and worked in the drive-thru. They then sat and enjoyed their McDonald’s meals. Next, they went to a fair. Ben’s entire town was at the fair and the mayor welcomed Ben and Amanda to the city. They spent the rest of their date at the fair winning prizes and riding the rides.

The final date of the week was a one-on-one date with Emily. Ben took Emily to his family’s home and she had the opportunity to meet his parents. Emily was able to speak with both of Ben’s parents individually. Ben’s parents thought that she was too young and not ready for marriage. Ben took Emily back to the house where the women were staying and told her that he didn’t see her as his wife. Emily was sent home in tears.

Finally it was time for the Rose Ceremony, and one of the remaining women was going to be eliminated. Becca did not receive a rose and she was upset that Ben did not send her home before the ceremony. She went home in tears wondering what she could have done differently.

That’s all for this week of The Bachelor. Next week, the remaining four girls travel to their hometowns, where Ben will meet their families. Tune in next week to find out who will be in the final three and don’t forget to check back here for the recap. You can watch a clip from this week’s episode below:

Her Campus Drexel contributor.