The Bachelor Recap: Week 6

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

This episode of The Bachelor seemed to be a long time coming. I was waiting on the edge of my seat to find out what happened with Olivia after last week’s cliffhanger ending. All my questions, and more, were answered in this week’s episode, which took place in the Bahamas. Keep reading for a recap of all of tonight’s bachelor drama! Beware of spoilers.

The episode picked up right where it left off last week, when Ben pulled Olivia to the side to talk about the complaints of the other women. Ben told Olivia about the things that the other women said about her and he asked for her side of the story. Olivia claimed that she has had a target on her back since she won the first impression rose and that none of the girls have tried to get to know her. Ben believed her story and the show continued on to the Rose Ceremony where Jennifer was sent home.

This week’s drama began as soon as the first date card arrived. The date was a one-on-one with Caila. This was Caila’s second one-on-one date, which seemed to rub Leah the wrong way because she had yet to receive a one-on-one date. Leah was very emotional about not getting this date and was visibly upset when Ben came to pick up Caila.

Ben and Caila had a romantic date spent cuddling and fishing in a yacht. Not much of the daytime portion of their date was shown as the show kept cutting between the date and Leah confessing how upset she was. The nighttime portion of the date was just the typical Bachelor-style dinner. Ben asked for Caila to open up and she confessed that she was falling in love with him. Pleased that she confided in him, Ben gave Caila the date rose.

Next, Ben took six of the women on a group date that ended up being pretty awkward. The date set sail on a boat toward a private island. When they pulled up to the island, everyone was surprised to see pigs swimming around the boat. They all got into the water to swim with and feed the pigs. Things got awkward when some of the women noticed that Ben was really into Lauren B.

Drama reached a boiling point during the after party, as Leah tried to sabotage Lauren B. During her time with Ben, Leah complained that Lauren B. was not being genuine with Ben. When Lauren B. got her one-on-one time with Ben, he confronted her about Leah comments. Lauren B. was in tears when she returned to the other women. Leah completely lied and said that she didn’t say anything to Ben. When Ben returned, he gave the date rose to Amanda.

After the women went back to the hotel, Leah snuck out to see Ben. He let her into his room and she began to complain about Lauren B. again. Luckily, Ben realized that he really did not have a reason for keeping Leah around and he sent her home.

The final date this week was an infamous two-on-one date with Emily and Olivia. On two-on-one dates one of the women gets a rose while the other is sent home. The group boated to another island and Ben talked with both women individually. During her solo time, Olivia told Ben that she was in love with him but he still ended up sending her home (FINALLY) and gave the date rose to Emily.

When it came time for the cocktail party, all of the girls were excited to talk to Ben before the Rose Ceremony. However, Ben decided to cancel the cocktail party and go straight to the Rose Ceremony, which made some of the women nervous. During the ceremony, Lauren H. was sent home and she left in tears.

That is all for this week’s episode! The competition is getting tougher as the more and more women are eliminated. Don’t forget to check back here for a recap of next week’s drama. You can watch a video from this week’s episode below:

Her Campus Drexel contributor.