The Bachelor Recap: Week 4

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

This week on The Bachelor Ben and the remaining women traveled to Las Vegas. This was the first travel destination of the season and it kicked off with some interesting dates. Keep reading to find out more, but beware of spoilers.

Ben’s first date this week was a one-on-one date with Jojo. This date did not seem to get a lot of airtime and was quite short. It began with a helicopter ride and was followed by dinner. During the dinner, Jojo received the date rose and the couple stood on the balcony to watch the fireworks.

Next was a talent show-themed group date with 12 of the women. The girls performed opening talent acts for a Terry Fator show in front of 1,200 people. The talent acts ranged from clog dancing to juggling to playing the cello. Olivia was so embarrassed by her own performance, a poorly conceived dance number where she emerged from a cake, that she had a panic attack and was comforted by a few of the other women. During the after party, Olivia apologized profusely to Ben for her raunchy performance and he insisted that it wasn’t that bad. In the end, Lauren B. got the group date rose.

Back at the hotel, Becca received a large package containing a wedding dress and an invitation to the next one-on-one date. She and Ben went to a wedding chapel, where Ben revealed that he has been ordained and that they will be marrying couples. After marrying a few couples, the two left to go to the Neon Museum. They sat and talked until Ben gave Becca the date rose.

In a surprising twist, there was a fourth date of the week. It was a two-on-one date with the twins, Emily and Haley. The three went to the twins’ home and Ben met their mother. Ben had the opportunity to spend time with both of the twins and talk to their mother before deciding which twin to send home. Ben ended up sending Haley home and they all exchanged a tearful goodbye.

During the pre-Rose Ceremony cocktail party, Olivia took one more opportunity to apologize to Ben about her performance on the group date. Ben seemed slightly annoyed that she kept bringing it up and told her to stop apologizing.

Finally, it was time for the Rose Ceremony and Ben sent two women packing. Rachel was sent home disappointed, but she kept it together. Amber, on the other hand, took off her shoes and found a good place to cry before she departed.

That’s all for this week! I can’t wait for next week’s episode when Ben and the women go to Mexico. It’s the first international episode of the season, so be sure to tune in. Don’t forget to check back here for the recap. Below is a video of Olivia’s talent performance:

Her Campus Drexel contributor.