The Bachelor Recap: Week 3

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

This week on The Bachelor the drama reached a boiling point as the women continued to vie for Ben’s heart. Things went a bit different this week seeing as there were two one-on-one dates and one group date rather than the usual two group dates and single one-on-one date. With less opportunity to spend time with Ben, tension in the house roes and and jealousy began to spark. Below is a recap of this week’s episode. Beware of spoilers.

The first one-on-one date went to Lauren B., the flight attendant from California. In typical bachelor fashion, the date began with a ride in a small one propeller plane. Lauren and Ben then landed in the middle of nowhere to find nothing but a hot tub. After the romantic hot tub excursion, the couple had a romantic dinner and Lauren received the date rose. The evening wrapped up with a musical performance by Lucy Angel, a group that Lauren admitted to not having heard of.

Twelve women were selected to go on the soccer-themed group date, which kicked off (pun intended) with a lesson from two players on the U.S. National Soccer team, Alex Morgan and Kelly O’Hara. After being coached by the two professionals, the women faced off against each other. The prize? Only the winning team would move on to a cocktail party later that night. The Stripes beat out the Stars in sudden death and got to move on to the after party.

The final date of the week was a one-on-one with Jubilee. This date ignited a lot of drama as the women of the house were not thrilled that Jubilee made a joke about Ben being 20 minutes late when he asked her if she was excited. The date began with a helicopter landing right outside of the mansion to take Jubilee and Ben on their date to a health spa. The couple spent the day hanging out and relaxing at the day spa and finished the night with a nice dinner. During their meal Jubilee opened up about her adoption and subsequently received the date rose.

During the cocktail party with everyone back at the mansion, Ben announced that two people who he was close to in his community died in a plane crash, and he became emotional. Many of the women expressed their sympathy during their one-on-one time with him, but Olivia used the time to talk about being self conscious about her ankles and toes.

The drama continued as the women in the house became upset when they saw Jubilee comforting Ben with a back massage. Amber and a few of the other girls try to confront Jubilee together but Jubilee does not want to feed into their drama and retreats to an upstairs room. As she cried in the upstairs bathroom, Ben came up to comfort her followed by Amber in another attempt to confront her. Ben stuck up for Jubilee in the confrontation and they returned to the party where Lace quickly pulled Ben aside to tell him that she is leaving so that she can “work on herself”.

Finally, the rose ceremony came around and two women were sent home. Shushanna and Jami left the mansion in tears, with Jami claiming that she has given up on humans and is opting to just adopt cats.

That’s all for this episode of The Bachelor, but tune in next week for more drama and tears. Be sure to check back here for the recap of next week’s episode.

Her Campus Drexel contributor.