The Bachelor Recap: Week 2

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

The Bachelor is back and this week 21 women competed for the heart of stud Ben Higgins. As usual, there was no shortage of drama to keep the show interesting. Here is a recap of last night’s episode but beware, this article contains spoilers.

To kick off the dates this week, Ben took ten girls to the “Bachelor High”, where they transported themselves back to high school and competed to become Ben’s homecoming queen. The girls broke off in teams of two and the losing team from each activity was eliminated. The final team remaining was Amber and Mandi and the two competed in a race on the track. Mandi beat Amber and won extra time with Ben, as well as a tiara and a letterman jacket with “Higgins” written on the back.

Finally, the evening portion came around and the drama began. When Lace got her alone time with Ben, she started a very confusing conversation in which she apologized for “being negative” after the previous Rose Ceremony and said that Ben was “eye-f****ing” her. She really believed that she was on the path to getting the group date rose. Unfortunately for her, the rose went to Jojo, who got some romantic quality time with Ben on the rooftop of the Four Seasons.

Caila was chosen for the one-on-one date and surprise guests Kevin Hart and Ice Cube tagged along for the ride. Ben drove the crew around the city, and they eventually ended up at a hot tub store. Caila, Ben, and Kevin tested out a hot tub until Ice Cube let Kevin know that it was time to let the couple have some alone time. After their fun in the hot tub, Caila and Ben had a romantic dinner where she received the date rose followed by a private concert performed by Amos Lee.

The final date of the week was at Dr. Love’s lab. Ben took six women on the date to find out who was the most scientifically compatible with him—which included lots of sweating and sniffing (weird). In the end, Olivia was deemed most compatible and she was thrilled. Later on, Olivia received the group date rose much to the disappointment of Amanda, who had a great conversation with Ben after revealing that she is a mother.

More drama erupted during the pre-Rose Ceremony cocktail party when Olivia went for one-on-one time with Ben before the other “rose-less” girls had a chance. This rubbed all of the girls the wrong way and made Olivia the first villain of the house.

Ben showed his softer side when he gave gifts to a couple of the women. The best gift was DIY hair clips that he made with Amanda for her daughters so they could also earn roses like their mother did. Amanda was moved to tears by this gesture and gave a shout out to her girls in a confessional.

During the Rose Ceremony, four women went home. But one of the four, LB, chose to leave on her own as she was not enjoying the experience. The other three that were eliminated were Sam, Mandi, and Jackie.

Tune in next week for more heartbreak and tears. For those of you who do not yet follow The Bachelor, I suggest that you succumb to the guilty pleasure before the drama gets too big to follow. You can watch the preview for this week’s episode below.

Her Campus Drexel contributor.