“The Bachelor” Bracket: The Ladies Tell-All

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

The “Tell-All” episode of this season of “The Bachleor, described as one of the most controversial seasons ever, was one of my absolute favorites. Each year we get the chance to witness these women who made it so controversial tell us their own point of view. At this point, it feels like we have all gotten to know Juan Pablo pretty well. He tends to say one thing and then acts in another way, but one thing is for sure: he wants the whole world to know that his daughter the most important thing to him. In the penultimate episode, we finally got to see whether or not the women believed everything they were told on the show.

During this episode, Andi, who had been the favorite of many, revealed how disgusted she was by JP’s behavior in the fantasy suite and how hurt she was by his remarks about her being in the top three by default. I loved her even more when she walked out on him. Andi brought up a great point about physical appearance fading and being less important because I think that most of the women did like JP simply for his looks. She held nothing back about what happened in the fantasy suite and how full of himself JP turned out to be. Fingers crossed that Andi will be the next “Bachelorette!”

The home dates episode was heartbreaking when Renee left. She, too, was well liked and everyone could tell that she wanted things to work out with Juan Pablo. Like him, she has a child, and she wanted a good dad for him. In the “Tell-All,” she expressed how hard it was to watch that episode but she also didn’t say anything bad about JP. She did not however, regret not telling that she loved him. Renee could tell that he just did not feel the same way for her that she did for him. Since the show aired, she has even gotten engaged to someone else!

Sharleen was awful from the very first episode and when she sent herself home I couldn’t have been happier. Her personality and her attitude were less than charming and JP apparently couldn’t grasp that. She told Chris Harrison that she has sleepless nights over some of the things that she said on the show — whether or not I believe her, I’m not quite sure… I wonder if he would’ve picked her had she stuck around until the end!

Juan Pablo was given the opportunity to say that he would take some things back, but instead he said he’d rather be honest and hurtful. He said that overall, he has no regrets. He pretty much said that the women were all trying to kiss him and he didn’t want to. JP finally got called out for telling Renee that he didn’t want to kiss anyone else and then two seconds later he was kissing someone! This episode was a bit like a venting session for all of the women to say how they felt and JP was able to defend it when he felt it necessary.

My love for Kelly grew during this episode when she brought up JP’s comments about not having a gay bachelor on the show. Interestingly, Kelly has a gay parent and she was upset by Juan Pablo’s view on the matter. On the same matter, Victoria called him out right away for relying on the excuse that English is his second language. For me, Kelly had always been comic relief and she told things how it was. I would have liked her stay around longer for just those reasons, regardless of how she and JP got along.

Season Finale Predictions:

Who will he choose? Nikki

There are only two women left competing for Juan Pablo’s heart and in the season finale they will be in Saint Lucia. It is their last chance to make a lasting impression on JP before he ultimately chooses one of them to be his wife. The two girls left, Nikki and Clare, are described as polar opposites. When the women were asked whose team they were on, they were pretty split about Team Nikki and Team Clare. I think that the season finale will be very dramatic and Nikki will win because she is more of a mother type, which is apparently what Juan Pablo is looking for.  Also, because if he chose Clare, it would be too obvious considering the both of them have been so physically attracted to each other. Clare will be shocked and upset because she and JP had the best chemistry and she typically gets what she wants. Clare will not let him go without putting up a fight.

Lisa is a senior at Drexel University studying Design and Merchandising. Her favorite things are shopping, reading fashion magazines and daydreaming about London per her recent study abroad trip there. Lisa has an obsession with celebrities and is a wealth of useless knowledge when it comes to pop culture. Adhering to the latest fashion and beauty trends is like a full time job for Lisa- she loves trying every new look and product.
Aubrey Nagle is an English major at Drexel University. She is currently a Features intern at Marie Claire and has previously interned Seventeen and Philadelphia magazine. She loves everything about pop culture and someday hopes to be a culture critic or an Entertainment Director for a women's magazine or national newspaper.To view her clips visit aubreynagle.contently.com and follow her on Twitter @aubsn.