This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Students rely heavily on their electronic devices to get them through the day. Planners, calendars, notes, lists and reminders can all be accessed on our laptops or phones now. With that in mind, I’ve compiled a list of the best apps available for your electronic devices that help with productivity.

1. Bear (FREE; Apple)

This is the most recent app I’ve encountered, and it’s my new favorite way of taking notes. The app offers a clean interface perfect for note taking during classes. With a clean format, the app isn’t distracting, that way you can focus on jotting down information.

2. Simple Note (FREE; Apple & Android)

Simple note is another note taking app that has a clean interface, which makes the app much more aesthetically pleasing to use. This app is appropriate for short lists, or any small note that needs to be jotted down. It is similar to note apps that come with devices, but sometimes those get boring. What separates this from the note applications that comes with phones and computers is that the notes can sync on any device if you sign up for an account.

3. MindNode ($9.99; Apple)

For those of you who love to make hierarchies, mind maps, flow charts and anything along those lines, you’ll love Mind Node. Mind Node is an app for your computer in which you simply create flow charts by connecting text boxes with a simple click of the mouse. You can change the colors and format as well as save the final product as a PDF.

4. Wunderlist (FREE; Apple)

Wunderlist is an app meant for making lists. Available for laptop and phones, Wunderlist allows you to create checklists and separates them into different categories or folders, making it easier to organize tasks and errands. Which is perfect for any college student managing work, school, and their social life.

5. Fantastical ($3.99; Apple)

If you are one of those people that want to keep a calendar to plan your weeks but you aren’t a fan of most calendar apps that come with electronic devices, get Fantastical. This app is easy to use and makes scheduling an easy task that otherwise could be exhausting. Unfortunately, the app isn’t free, but you can test out the 21-day free trial when you download the app.

6. Google Drive App (FREE; Apple & Android)

We all know and love the Google Drive. Google Drive is best for storing your files in the cloud, assuring that they won’t be lost if your computer crashes. But now there is the Google Drive App, which allows you to sync files on your computer and the cloud together. So now, when you save files on your computer in the Google Drive application, those files are also in the cloud in your Google account, and vice versa. You’ll never lose anything ever again.

7. Be Focused (FREE; Apple)

An application you can download easily onto your computer, Be Focused encourages working in intervals. Doing work for 30 minutes straight and taking a break for seven afterward is much more effective than working for three straight hours. Be Focused is simply a timer that will time your work period and your breaks, making sure you stay on tasks.

8. Pocket (FREE; Apple & Android)

Pocket is an amazing Google extension unlike the rest. Pocket allows you to bookmark or ‘pocket’ a URL that you want to go to later. The URLs saved in the Google extension are then saved to the Pocket application that is accessed on your phone or computer. All you need to do is sign in to allow the links to sync onto multiple devices. This extension is perfect for when you’re finding research online but don’t want to read through the whole page yet. You can save it for later and even add tags so you can search for more easily.

9. Clarity (FREE; Google Chrome Extension)

This extension on Google Chrome keeps your browser aesthetically pleasing. It makes a clean homepage with calming images. Clarity changes your new tab landing page into calming photograph with a simple clock for time.

If your New Year’s resolution is to become more productive, downloading apps that encourage productivity will motivate you. When you have the apps there, you feel tempted to use them which will help you focus on your work and keep you organized. 

Her Campus Drexel contributor.