freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

8 Little Luxuries On a Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

February is the month of love! But you cannot love others until you completely #LoveYourself. It does not have to cost a fortune to treat yourself like you are worth it. There are a few things you can do to appreciate yourself while not breaking the bank or your student budget. Here’s a list to help you get started:

Cute stationery

Source

Show yourself and your friends and family some love this month with a handwritten note. It’s rare to get a written messages these days, so a note on stationery will not be forgotten anytime soon. With sheets so pretty they can also serve as decor on your desk and encourage you to revisit the good old days of letter writing. Invest in some cute pens that make you want to take your notes by hand rather than type them on a laptop like everyone else in your class.

Nice undergarments

A gift for yourself and a significant other at the same time. Flaunt your body and show off your confidence in the morning when you’re getting dressed and feel good all day knowing that you have a sexy secret lurking under your clothes. Plus, research says having great underwear on makes you feel better.

Inscribed dishes and mugs

White plates and mugs are so passé, unless they’re (faux) gold plated ones that make you feel like you’re in a Michelin five-star restaurant each time you use them. Spend a little extra on pretty dishes and mugs and you’ll feel like you’re living the sweet life every time you dine.

Cook yourself a meal

Source

A Maine lobster burger sounds delicious, but its price tag of over $200 could leave a sour taste in your mouth. So why not download the recipe for your favorite meal, grab a few girlfriends (or do it alone), crank some tunes, and dance while you make yourself a lovely meal for less. And with your lovely plates, table settings, and cutlery, for all you know you could be chilling in a hotel on your own private island.

Personal spa day

Grab a set of candles and fragrant oils, dim the lights and lower yourself into a warm bath. Then make an appointment at the salon, get a blowout, as well as a mani-pedi on the side. Then walk back home with your best Blair Waldorf attitude, like the queen you are and should be treated like.

Flowers

Source

You don’t need a significant other to buy you flowers. They can brighten your day and bring a smile to your face, whether they come from your own paycheck or someone else’s. Just get yourself a bouquet in a vase and place it somewhere you’ll notice often.

Bedding

Sleep is just as essential as coffee when it comes to surviving college. Everyone has their preferences on where they rest each night. Some like cotton, and others prefer silk. Okay maybe you can’t afford silk, but you can get your initials on your cotton bedding and still feel like a princess every time you get in or out of bed.

Subscription boxes

Source

Sometimes, you forget about the subscription you’ve ordered so receiving the products sometimes feels like you are getting a gift from someone! Plus, you get to try a lot of items for much cheaper than you would buying them individually. It’s a win-win situation. For some awesome subscriptions, click here.

You need to love yourself. There is no doubt about that, especially with the stress of ten week quarters and interviewing for your next co-op. Treating yourself the way you deserve to be treated doesn’t have to come at a high cost. And there is no other person who will love you as much as you can love yourself.

Naa Dedei is a Psychology major with minors in Communication and Writing at Drexel University. Two things she is extremely passionate about are writing and her country, Ghana. Her goal is to study International law and work with the UN or start her own nonprofit to deal with Human Rights issues. Other than posting on her blog, she can be found whipping up a meal in her kitchen or lounging in her couch, either glued to a book, or binge-watching a show on Netflix.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.