8 Clubs We Wish Existed at Drexel

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Here at Drexel University, there’s no shortage of clubs to get involved in on campus. We have everything from a capella groups, to Greek life, to lightsaber dancing if that’s what you’re in to. Somehow, though, we always seem to want more. Check out what we think that Drexel’s lacking in when it comes to clubs on campus. 

Meme Club

We should have a club where people get together weekly, show each other memes, and play the “What Do You Meme” game for an hour or so… This would be a great way to break up our busy, jam packed ten week schedules, de-stress and put some comedic relief in our lives (which we desperately need). — Renee, Class of 2017 

Shopping Club 

This club would include field trips to the shops in center city and to the King of Prussia Mall. It would also be an open forum to help people find and choose items they are looking for to complete their wardrobe! — Maegan, Class of 2019

TV Watching Club

I think we need a club where people can get together to watch and talk about their favorite TV shows. I have so many shows I love, but nobody to discuss them with in person! I think it would be a good way to bond and de-stress during a stressful Drexel quarter. — Sarah J., Class of 2019

The Travel Club

This club’s purpose would be to fund student vacations to exotic locations. Although study abroad can be fun, we should have a cub where the trips are completely free and where you chose your own schedule. This would be the perfect organization to join during the winter when you need to escape the cold. — Sarah W., Class of 2017

The Puppy Club

Basically, it’s Puppy Pawlooza, but at every meeting. No other explanation necessary. — Liz, Class of 2019 

Food Tasting Club

We should have a club where we all can go to different restaurants or different cafes and try their foods. Or we could possibly try foods from different cultures. There are so many great foods and recipes I would love to try! — Sofia J., Class of 2020

Redbubble Sticker Club

The club would meet weekly to trade their reusable stickers, similar to trading Pokemon cards as child. At the meetings members will discuss their favorite stickers and how much money they’ve made on the website with their designs. — Ivy, Class of 2020 

Coloring Book Club Since coloring books have become more and more popular, I think we should have a club for it. Drawing and coloring also decreases stress and is a way to be creative. Why not have a club where people got together to color and decrease their stress? — Jamie, Class of 2019

What we’re looking for are more ways to keep ourselves occupied while we avoid taking care of the piles of homework, laundry, and dirty dishes waiting for us at home. Memes, shopping, and puppies are just the start. What clubs do you wish your university had? Let us know in the comments or on Facebook! 

Renee is a transfer student, and first year Junior at Drexel University. She is majoring in Anthropology and minoring in Sociology. She started writing for Her Campus Drexel in the fall of 2015, and is now working as the President and Co-Campus correspondent for the Her Campus at Drexel University chapter. You can find her eating, studying, eating, shopping downtown, or eating more.