This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

As we approach the halfway point of Drexel’s fall academic quarter (already?!), classwork, co-op, and other mounting responsibilities have understandably taken us all by storm. After the week flies by, sometimes all we want to do is indulge and have a good time! Fall is in full swing, sweater weather is making its debut…so what are you waiting for? Grab a group of friends and read below for some fun-in-Philly weekend inspiration.

On a Friday night, something always seems to be going on in University City. If you prefer to stay within walking distance, Walnut St. Cafe hosts a golden-hour themed happy hour from 4-7 pm with ultra-affordable snacks and drinks all under $10! Cira Green—a tried-and-true elevated park atop the parking garage located next to the FMC building—also offers a similarly themed happy hour with varying drink specials from 5-7 pm. If you’re looking for something sweet later into the night, Kiwi Frozen Yogurt has you covered with its convenient 36th & Chestnut location on UPenn’s campus.

During the day on Saturday, venture to Rittenhouse Square at 18th & Walnut Streets for a year-round farmer’s market from 9 am-2 pm. Vendors line the park’s outer edge and strive to connect the Philadelphia community and its suburbs to high-quality, locally grown food. A few steps away from the park brings you to La Colombe (a must-try for iced oat milk latte lovers), a Barnes and Noble store (I could spend all day there), Di Bruno Bros (trust me on this one and order the Napoleon Sandwich), and a plethora of other restaurants and shops. In between people-watching, shopping, or finding a bite to eat, you’ll have no problem spending a few hours at the city’s “most popular town square”, according to Visit Philadelphia’s website. If the day on the town hasn’t tired you out already, The Continental Midtown is a perfect choice for dinner. The space boasts unique tapas-style dishes, a trendy rooftop deck, and Instagram-worthy swinging basket chairs.

On Sunday morning, close out your weekend by soaking up some of the history that Philadelphia has to offer! The city is home to over 90 museums. Museum Hack has a spectacular guide on its website that walks you through Philadelphia’s beloved cultural, artistic, and historical institutions. The AAMP (African American History Museum in Philadelphia) is the first museum built in a major American city to exemplify the life and work of African Americans. Visiting hours on Sunday are from 10 am-5 pm and entry with a verified student ID is $10. You may also opt to visit the Barnes Foundation, an institution devoted to promoting appreciation for fine arts and education. The museum features permanent collections, temporary exhibitions, art education classes, and much more. Sunday’s visiting hours are 11 am-5 pm and entry with a verified student ID is $5. Visit museum websites for more information regarding COVID-19 safety protocols, ticketing, and current exhibits.

And just like that….the weekend really flew by, didn’t it?! However you chose to spend it, I hope you loved exploring the ins and outs of Philadelphia. If you couldn’t fit it all in, don’t worry…next weekend will be here before you know it. ;)

Jaden (she/her) is a second-year Marketing & UX student at Drexel. In between attending classes, you can find her exploring Philly, drinking cold brew, writing HerCampus articles, swimming, or listening to Brent Faiyaz.