6 Subtle Ways to Transform Your Wardrobe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.
Your closet, which is something you are constantly building, should be freshened up every once in a while. Wearing the same outfits over and over can get boring. Sure, you already have tons of clothes, but it’s fun to change things up every now and then. Instead of buying more clothes, which never seems to be a good solution, use what you already have to transform your look. By adding a couple of these staple pieces to your closet, you’ll end up with so many more options to choose from in the morning. Here are some quick ways to add some variety to your look!

1. Invest in a bold bag

Adding a bold bag could mean including a brightly colored handbag or an oversized one. This one simple addition could do wonders for any outfit.

2. Choose a statement necklace

Pairing your outfit with a statement necklace is an effortless way to add some flair to your look.  They come in all different lengths, colors and shapes. Even buying a couple staple pieces will benefit you since they can be worn with various styles of clothing.

3. Add an oversized scarf

Nothing is easier than throwing on an oversized scarf for when it gets chilly out. Scarves can make even the simplest outfit look put together. Different patterns and prints can make for a quick yet trendy look.

4. Wear a flattering coat

Coats, ranging from trench coats to winter coats, have the potential to make any outfit look polished and chic.

5. Match your shoes and handbag

Wearing shoes and a handbag with similar colors creates a sleek and clean addition to any outfit.

6. Sport a hat

Whether it’s a fedora or a beanie, a hat can be a subtle but cute addition to your outfit.

The temptation to buy tons of outfits is hard to resist, but we’re broke and on a budget. So these simple and mainly inexpensive items can help give your wardrobe the extra oomph it needs. Don’t forget to show us how you spice up your #OOTD by tagging us in your photos on Instagram (@hercampusdrexel)!

Manali is a junior Biology major with a public health minor hoping to pursue her life goal of finding a keychain with her name on it . She's been with the Her Campus Drexel community since her sophomore year as a feature writer and hopes to one day run out of pages in her passport. You can find her planning her next adventure,exploring the city of Philadelphia, attempting to cook, or watching too much Netflix.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.