This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

There have been times where I scroll on the Netflix Halloween section and just stare blankly. Is this really all you have to offer? At times I’ll spend more time looking at trailers than watching the actual show or movie. Well, no need to worry because I wasted all that time for you. Here are the 6 best Halloween shows/movies to get you in the spooky mood. 

Haunting of Hill House

Newly released (literally maybe a week ago) The Haunting of Hill House combines the drama of your favorite binge with the creep of The Conjuring. I finished this within 48 hours and let me say I’m emotionally and physically exhausted.

Haunters

This the type of show to play in the background while you study for exams. If you’ve ever thought about the work that goes behind the haunted houses to love to hate this is the documentary for you. It’s not scary but it still gives you the Halloween feels.

American Horror Story

A nice throwback, I find myself craving to rewatch the early seasons before things got a little too… well, you know what I mean. Take a step down memory lane and rewatch the glory days when we all melted for Evan Peters and Jessica Lange.

Bates Motel

Again, another spooky nostalgic classic. This show takes a twist on a classic that just pulls you in. You hate that you love it but you can’t stop.

Vampire Diaries

If you love attractive people, drama, and action then you need to get on the Vampire Diaries. I have re-watched this every September-November for the last four years and it always amazes me how I still find myself crying.

Hush

A spooky favorite for your scarier nights, Hush is the movie you didn’t expect to scare you so much you couldn’t sleep until well, you couldn’t. Sometimes, something too close to reality is scarier than zombies and ghosts.  

Her Campus Drexel contributor.