The 6 Best Things to Watch on Netflix Right Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

If after finals you feel as though your brain is about to explode, just remember that spring break is right around the corner. Unless you’re spending your vacation somewhere tropical, the final days of break can start to get pretty dull. That’s when our dear friend Netflix comes in handy! Of course there’s the classics like Grease, the renowned Orange is the New Black and the recent miracle of Friends being added to the titles available to stream, which has uplifted countless spirits; but what happens when you’re all out of ideas after seeing Mean Girls for the two-hundredth time? Don’t fret because HC Drexel has got your Netflix guide to television series and movies galore. You just grab the popcorn; we did the scrolling and searching for you.

1. In Your Eyes (2014)

This movie explores a rather unusual genre: paranormal romance. Mastermind Joss Whedon has written a love story that will both spook you and sweep you off your feet.

2. Freaky Friday (2003)

There’s nothing like reliving your childhood with a Disney classic starring a young and adorable Lindsey Lohan. Enjoy a blast from the past with this film!

3. Gimme Shelter (2014)

This movie showcases Vanessa Hudgens like never before. This haunting tale of lost girl from a battered home sets out to seek refuge in places she never thought she’d go.

4. Field of Lost Shoes (2014)

History class never told the story of the Civil War from this perspective! This movie follows the experiences of the scared, young cadets from the Virginia Military Institute.

5. Reign (2013)

This series is riveting as it displays royalty from a whole new angle. Queen Mary of Scotland is an enlightened and empowered young woman with a vision for her life that she’s unwilling to compromise. You’ll find romance and corruption all in one package that makes for endless entertainment.

6. Once Upon a Time (2011)

Your favorite fairytales have literally come to life! This television drama depicts the most well known characters from the classics as living in the real world by means of a horrible curse. Watch the adventures you know and love in a whole new light!

Ariana is a senior communications major and a writer for Her Campus at Drexel University. She loves to learn about pop culture, sex and gender, and is currently working on her senior project researching communication about sexual health on campus. Her go-to binge-worthy shows are Friends and Sex and the City.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.