5 Ways to Get Your Skin Ready for Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Spring is the perfect time to repair all the damage winter has done to your skin. If you’ve neglected your skin a little too much these past couple of months, now it’s time to give yourself the TLC you deserve.

1. Try a facial mask

A facial mask is a great way to prep and clean your face. It is also very easy and simple to use! You literally put it on and it does all the hard work for you. Take some time at your local drugstore or beauty supply store and really look into the ingredients and benefits before purchasing your facemask. You can choose from a ton of different formulas and consistencies. Try a peel mask so you can see proof that those pesky blackheads are gone! Or try a mud or clay mask to reduce the redness of any breakouts you might have. Both options ensure a fresh, clean face.

2. Get rid of unwanted hair

Let’s admit it, brows are very important, so you definitely don’t want to do anything to mess them up. Get into the habit of plucking your brows to clean them up. This will lengthen the time in between waxes, which will ultimately save you some money. For the rest of your body, if you don’t want to shave, try waxing strips or hair removal creams. Of course, do your research beforehand to make sure you’re using the right products for your skin type!

3. Exfoliate!

A very commonly forgotten step in many people’s beauty regimen is definitely exfoliating! There are tons of dead skin cells all over the body that cover the new, smooth skin that is waiting to burst out! Exfoliating is a great way to get rid of rough skin, but you should never overdo it. For your face, a facial scrub or a warm washcloth will do the trick. For your body, a brush, a loofah, or a pair of exfoliating gloves are great helpers. Always move in small, circular motions to gently buff your skin. Pay extra attention to places like your knees and elbows. Don’t forget your lips! You can purchase a delicious lip scrub, you can make one at home using natural products, or you can use a toothbrush (one used only for your lips) to gently get rid or dry and flaky lips.

4. Mani/Pedi

Skip the lines at the nail salon and give yourself a manicure and pedicure at home. You don’t have to do anything fancy to give your hands and feet the attention they deserve. You can look up tons of DIY mani/pedi instructions online that will give salon results without the salon price. Remember to buff away dry, dead skin on your feet so they will be smooth and sandal-ready! Pick a color and get to painting. Don’t be afraid to try out cool designs and trends.

5. Moisturize

Although the weather is no longer dry and brutal, moisturizing should still be a big step in your beauty and skincare regimen. Not only should you moisturize your face, but also your entire body. Also, if you haven’t already, add products with SPF to your skincare routine. As excited as you are for the sunny days ahead, the sun’s rays can be very harmful to your beautiful skin. Weather it’s in your moisturizer, BB cream, foundation, or body lotion, make sure you’ve found a way to add SPF into your beauty routine.

Before you run outside to soak up the beautiful weather, make sure your skin is well prepared! Grab your girls and do these steps together in a much-needed girls’ night!

Design & Merchandising major
Her Campus Drexel contributor.