5 Meals You Can Make in the Microwave

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

It is hard to keep a healthy diet in college, especially since students are always busy and barely have time to eat. Most of the dorms don’t have a stove or oven to use, and if they do, they are in a communal kitchen that is dirty and unpleasant most of the time. Thankfully, there are many recipes you can create in your microwave – even if some of them are only meant to fix your sweet tooth.

Breakfast

If you are dreading the idea of going to the Hans or Urban Eatery and are running late for class, you can fix breakfast with just a mug, eggs and milk!

Lunch

Between classes, meetings and time with friends, it is hard to grab lunch. Granted, there are many places on campus where you can get a quick meal to-go, but sometimes you are craving something a little more “homemade”. Check out this pizza in a mug!

However, if pizza doesn’t fit your fancy you should try this mac and cheese recipe! It gives the typical microwaveable mac a refreshing and healthier twist!

Dessert

Whether you are binge-watching Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, or just eating something sweet after your meal, this brownie in a mug is for you! It is super easy to prepare, and it’s ready to eat in a short period of time.

If the line at Currito is too long, and Insomnia Cookies is taking forever, you should try this cookie in a mug! It is easy, fast and delicious!

There you go Dragons, five easy recipes to make from the comfort of your own dorm for the days where the quarter system is too much to handle and the idea of dragging your body to a dining hall or restaurant is less than appealing. Enjoy these mini recipes and let us know which one is your favorite

Orly is a Venezuelan senior at Drexel University majoring in Public Relations and double minoring in marketing and writing. In her free time, you can find her in a coffee shop writing, color-coding her way through life or binge watching One Tree Hill for the fifth time. She manages HCD's Facebook page as well as their Twitter and hopes to make a career out of social media someday.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.