brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Black Student Businesses to Support at Drexel

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

As students, we are all constantly working hard to achieve our goals, so why not support each other? These 5 black students are among some of Drexel’s finest entrepreneurs. 

Deantelens

Deantelens shows the work of Drexel senior, Kaseir Archie, who has practiced his photography skills around the world while studying abroad, working fashion shows, and attending conferences. He has visited England, Moracco, and Spain where he was able to take his talents abroad and has shot for Philly Fashion week twice. He even shot for the DC & Philly suit flashmobs which brought out over 150+ men in suits to help create a positive image. On his recent trip to the Forbes 30 under 30 conference, Kaseir captured images of Serena Williams, Quavo, and Kevin Durrant. Kaseir has also been recognized for his photography skills at Drexel as he has taken many graduation portraits for students on campus.

Aamilah’s Artistry

Aamilah’s Artistry is an all-natural, homemade, family-run beauty product company co-founded by Drexel Senior, Lotus Barron. They sell everything from lotions to soaps and everything in between. All of their products are made with organic ingredients and can all be customizable by scent and materials used. This all-natural beauty company is your one-stop-shop for all skin and hair care needs.

Shaticollections

Shatiana Wackens is a hairstylist and young entrepreneur who started Shati Collections and Shati Beauty Collections in January 2019. She has a wide range of styling options, various homemade lip glosses, and eyelashes that can be found on the shaticollections website. As a junior at Drexel, Shatiana built her brand and has been using her business to showcase her styling magic for almost a year now. From wash and styles to sew-ins and wig installments Shatiana (Shati) will provide you with exceptional services.

Rooted In Luxury LLC

Brianna Morrison is a freshman at Drexel who created Rooted In Luxury LLC in March of 2019. Brianna saw that the women she grew up around were constantly wearing hair extensions, so she decided to take the leap and immerse herself in the extension industry. Brianna named her company Rooted in luxury, “Because every woman represents what true beauty and grace looks like and rooted in the top of their crowns is their hair. Therefore, their hair is rooted in luxury.” She spent six months building her website which recently launched on October 1st, 2019 and has been growing ever since.

Painted by Ana

Anastasia Gelin is a Haitian self-taught makeup artist on Drexel’s campus who has been doing makeup for five and a half years. Many people noticed and admired her makeup during her freshman year, so she utilized her talents to help others achieve their makeup dreams. Anastasia created Painted by Ana as a platform for her to showcase her makeup abilities, take on new clients, network, and showcase her fashion sense as well.

From photography to beauty, these 5 students are some of Drexel’s most innovative entrepreneurs. Let’s support our peers!

Hi, I'm Julie! I am an MIS and Business Analytics Major with a Minor in Retail at Drexel University.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.