5 Best Restaurants for a Valentine’s Date in Philly

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Why stay at home when you can get dressed and eat some good food!

Valentine’s Day is coming up, and what better way to spend the day than eating food? My boyfriend and I have been to various restaurants in Philadelphia, so if there’s anybody more qualified to choose the best 5 restaurants for Valentine’s day, then it’s me. For most of these restaurants, they will have a standard menu specifically for Valentine’s Day for 75$ a person.

Little Nonna’s

This is the best place for authentic Italian cuisine. This restaurant seems small at first, but there are two seating options. The first option is their inside seating with candles as lighting, while the second option is their gorgeous outside area, with heating during the colder months. Some of their standout dishes are their gnocchi, beet salad and tiramisu for dessert. If you’re looking for a typical but delicious Valentine’s date, I would suggest going here. 

Butcher Bar

The Butcher Bar is a jack of all trades when it comes to their menu. The restaurant is true to its name. When you first enter, there is a bar area where you can order food and drinks from, but past that there are tables which transforms it to more upscale. The menu has American classics such as mac ‘n’ cheese, burgers, cheese and meat board, and a secret dessert menu chosen by the chef! If you’re looking to be full off burgers, I would suggest this place.

Fogo De Chao

If you’re looking to go all out, Fogo De Chao is the restaurant for you! This the most expensive option out of all of the restaurants mentioned, but the restaurant is all you can eat! The first course is an all you can eat salad bar with cheese and sliced meats. The second course is when you are greeted with steak, chicken and pork galore as shown in the picture below. I tend to not go here unless it’s restaurant week, as it’s significantly cheaper, but if you have a bigger budget then I would definitely suggest going here. 

Porta

As shown in the picture above, Porta is all about pizza, but their pizza options are inclusive to everyone from meat lovers to vegans. This is one of the bigger restaurants, so it shouldn’t be full for Valentine’s Day, but for this restaurant and most restaurants, it’s important to reserve a seat at least 2 weeks before hand. 

Franky Bradley’s

This restaurant is somewhat different than the other restaurants as it is mostly a bar. It doesn’t mean that you still can’t get some good food! There are a lot of options as its mostly American dishes but there are some pastas dishes and seafood options. This is probably the cheapest option, but their hours are restricted to just dinner hours. So if you were looking to do a Valentine’s Day lunch, this isn’t the place to do that. 

Wherever you go, make sure to have a good time with your loved one! Even if you don’t do anything for Valentine’s day, if you and your partner are happy, then that’s all that matters.

Hi, my name is Natalie and I am a junior studying mechanical engineering. In my spare time, I host a radio show on WKDU called A Dose of Doses, where I play the latest and greatest in hip hop, r&b and electronic music.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.