This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

One of the best things about Christmas is enjoying all the different desserts that family members bring. Regardless if you have a sweet tooth or not, it’s a good time to have a cheat day. You can also impress all your family members by bringing the best sweet treat along.

1. Smore’s Fondue

Image courtesy of Plated

This is perfect for those who are missing summer bonfires and smores. This easy to make dessert is a great choice to stand out from the crowd this Holiday. More importantly, it’s quick to make.

2. Candy Cane Cheesecake

Image courtesy of Delish

For those who have a little extra time and want to bring a unique dish, a Candy Cane Cheesecake is an excellent choice. It does take a while to make, but the results will be worth it. The candy canes provide a cute Christmas touch and make it Instagram worthy.

3. Brown-Butter Banana Bread

Image courtesy of Brown-Butter Banana Bread

What can be better than bread? The glaze brings some extra charm to this bread. It’s perfect for those who don’t want to go with a traditional dessert option.

4. No-Bake Chocolate Mocha Yule Log

Image courtesy of Food Network

My favorite part of this is the fact that there’s no baking to it. It’s great for any coffee lover out there and for those with who only need a small serving amount.  

5. Mint Chocolate Chip Brownies

Image courtesy of Delish

With only an hour to make, this is a great quick dish. The mint provides a great different Christmas taste compared to all the other dishes at the table.

Now’s a great time to bring your first homemade dish to Christmas dinner. Not only will you impress all your family, but it will be a great treat to have towards the end of the night. Having the same dessert year after year can get boring. This year take advantage of the opportunity to spice it up. 

Kassidy is a dual marketing and legal studies major at Drexel University in Philadelphia. When she's not in class, you can find her binging a new Netflix series, reading, or standing in line at Starbucks.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.