4 New Year’s Eve Outfits to Ring in the Holidays

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Finish 2017 with a bang by choosing an exquisite outfit to celebrate in that fits your personal style! Whether you are partying with your closest friends in the city or watching the ball drop inside, here are some outfit ideas that you can take inspiration from!

1. For Those Who Want to Party It Up 

Dress image courtesy of Forever 21  

Heels image courtesy of Urban Outfitters

Purse image courtesy of Urban Outfitters

Need a special look for that New Year’s Eve party you were invited to? Look no further. I don’t know what says New Year’s more than sequins and velvet, and this dress has both. Yes, both!  The sequin bag is simple, but really elegant. You could definitely re-style it for another event. Personally, walking in heels without a platform is a huge no-no for me. Celebrate the new year comfortably in these platform heels while you dance the night away!

2. Girls Night Out

Tuxedo suit image courtesy of Aisle Perfect

Heels image courtesy of H&M

Top image courtesy of Forever 21

Just headed out with all the gal pals? Why not give pants a shot? A nice pair of cropped trousers with black pumps can be practical and chic. If you’re not into blazers, why not try a crop top instead? This one from Forever 21 is for all the sequin lovers out there! The crop top also adds a nice bit of color to your outfit.

3.Keeping Watch for the Couch 

Leggings image courtesy of Forever 21

Sweater image courtesy of Just the Design

Flats image courtesy of Kohl’s

Whether you’re watching the countdown from your couch or a friend’s, nothing says cute and cozy like an oversized sweater. These sparkly tights from Forever 21 are a great pick for the legging lover. This outfit makes you feel like you’re practically wearing pajamas!

4. It Will Still Be There When I Wake Up,Right?

Bralette image courtesy of Forever 21

Slipper image courtesy of H&M

T shirt image courtesy of  Forever 21

Robe image courtesy of Forever 21

If you plan on welcoming 2018 in with a good night’s sleep, I can’t blame you. We all know once the new term starts, we’ll be dying for another hour of sleep. Here is some New Year’s themed loungewear/sleepwear just in case you wanted to be celebratory in your sleep. Reflect on the past year with this cute top and inspire yourself for the year to come with this robe. 

Obviously, what you wear on New Year’s Eve won’t dictate the type of year that you will have, but it is a great way to show people who you are. Rock your style, whether it’s on the dance floor or in bed. Have a great time celebrating and see you in the new year!

Studying fashion design at Drexel University.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.