This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Finals week is here! This means another quarter is coming to an end and your schedule is probably going to get even crazier than usual. Between cramming for exams, prepping for co-op interviews, working on your beach bod, and spending time with friends before they graduate or leave for that one long break, who has time to worry about a nice, fancy meal? Take a short break from it all (and Wahoo’s) to try one of these quick and easy recipes that are sure to get you through your next study/-prep session!

1. Jalapeno & Monterey Jack Grilled Cheese

Total Time: 20 minutes

Makes: 1 sandwich

Ingredients

• 2 teaspoons vegetable oil

• 2 medium jalapenos, seeded and thinly sliced lengthwise

• 1 ½ ounces grated aged Monterey Jack cheese (about ½ cup)

• 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, softened

• 2 slices, whole wheat bread

• Salt and pepper, to taste

Directions

1. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. When it’s heated, add oil and jalapenos. Season with salt and black pepper and sauté peppers until tender for about 5 minutes. Set jalapenos aside and let them cool slightly.

2. Combine cheese and jalapenos in a small bowl.

3. Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread.

4. Return the pan to low-medium heat. Once the pan is warm, add one slice of bread (buttered side down), top with cheese mixture, then close sandwich with second bread slice (buttered side up).

5. Cook until bread is toasted and cheese is melted, about 5 minutes per side.

Link to original recipe: http://www.chow.com/recipes/11094-sauteed-jalapeno-and-aged-jack-grilled-cheese

2. Chicken, Broccoli, & Pasta Skillet Casserole

Total Time: 20 minutes

Makes: 4 servings

Ingredients

• 2 medium boneless chicken breasts

• 12 ounces, frozen of fresh broccoli

• 1 (16 ounce) box of pasta

• 1 can of cream of chicken condensed soup

• ½ cup shredded cheese

• Salt and pepper, to taste

Directions

1. Place the chicken breasts in a large skillet and cook on medium heat for about 4-5 minutes on each side until done. Dice into small chunks and place back into the skillet.

2. In a large pot, boil the pasta until al dente and drain. Place into the skillet with the chicken.

3. In the same pot, boil the broccoli until it is no longer frozen. Place into the skillet with the chicken and pasta.

4. Stir in the cream of chicken condensed soup and mix everything together. Add salt and pepper, to taste.

5. Add the shredded cheese on top and cook on high until the cheese is melted.

Link to original recipe: http://www.galonamission.com/chicken-broccoli-pasta-skillet-casserole/#_a5y_p=1322639

3. Quick and Easy Chicken Burrito

Total Time: 10 minutes

Makes: 4 tortillas

Ingredients

• 2 cups cooked shredded chicken

• ½ cup mozzarella

• 1 avocado, diced

• 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped

• 4 large tortillas

• 1 tablespoon oil

Directions

1. In a large bowl, mix the shredded chicken, cheese, cilantro, and diced avocados.

2. Lay a tortilla flat on a plate, add ¼ of the mixture, and form a roll. Repeat process for all 4 tortillas.

3. Pour one tablespoon of oil into a heated pan or griddle. Place all 4 tortillas on the pan and cook for 2 minutes on medium-high heat. Flip on the other side and cook for another 2 minutes or until the burritos are golden in color. Serve warm.

Link to original recipe: http://gimmedelicious.com/2014/01/16/quick-and-easy-chicken-burritos/

These deliciously quick meals can easily be added into the busiest of schedules. After all the intense study sessions, you’ll want something that will keep you satisfied and energized. These recipes are definitely worth replacing that Facebook break with a Food break!

Her Campus Drexel contributor.