This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Holiday season is approaching rapidly—Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanza you name it. The wintertime is full of reasons to give gifts to your loved ones. As you know, Drexel is different, so the gifts you give us students should be no exception. Whether you’re looking for a gift for a friend or you want to drop some hints for your parents, here are a few Drexel-specific holiday gifts that Dragons will love!

For the spirited

1. Drexel Christmas Sweater

You knew this one was coming. The Drexel Christmas sweater is a campus phenomenon—those who don’t have them, want them (even if they don’t want to admit it). Order one online or from the campus bookstore so that your Dragon can rock the red and green candy cane-emblazoned pullover! Check out the rest of the “Ugly Holiday Collection” here.

For the foodie

2. Shake Shack Gift Card

Eating out in college is a blessing and a curse. It’s a change of pace from the cereal-Ramen-Hans diet that us broke college students are accustomed to, but it’s also heartbreaking to part with the last $10 bill left in our wallets. A Shake Shack gift card will treat us to a Thursday night dinner that doesn’t get cooked in the microwave!

3. Monthly Ramen Subscription

(Image via Ramen Butterfly)

It’s a well known fact that ramen is the bread and butter for the starving college student. This is especially the case for us Dragons, who are very busy and barely have time to breathe. It’s hard to cook three meals a day, or even to make your way to the Urban Eatery or Hans—that’s why instant food is something we all will greatly appreciate. Especially during winter when the weather is too cold to bare the walk to 7-Eleven to stock up! The Ramen Box is available as a bi-monthly, semi-annual, and annual subscription. The box features six to eight sealed packages of ramen in three to four different flavors! Yum!

4. Sabrina’s Gift Card

(Image via Sabrina’s Cafe)

Sabrina’s Café is our guilty pleasure. No matter what day of the week or what time of the day, the line for Drexel’s most treasured restaurant is always out the door! There’s never less than a half hour wait for the beloved stuffed challah French toast. Even if they’ll still be waiting, you can make it worth the wait for your Dragon by picking up the tab with a Sabrina’s gift card!

5. Meal in a Mug Cookbook

You may have seen this awesome new cooking trend in videos on your Facebook timeline. The idea is that you can literally cook a meal using just a few ingredients in a mug in the microwave (or even the dishwasher!). As you can imagine, cooking a substantial meal in minutes using a microwave is a college student’s dream! This cookbook will provide them with easy step-by-step recipes. Throw in a cute mug for added cool factor to this already awesome gift!

For the partier

6. A HangOver Kit

(Image via HangOver Kit

Long weeks of class or co-op sometimes call for an even longer weekend of partying. Welcome to college! It’s all fun and games, though, until someone wakes up with a hangover. This HangOver Kit will provide your party animal solace with items like aspirin, vitamins, and energy drinks to get them through the morning!

For the practical

7. Totes Clear Bubble Umbrella

(Image via Dealmoon

The consequence of urban campuses is long walks to class (need I remind you of the distance from the dorms to One Drexel Plaza?)—rain or shine. Rain boots and rain jackets are cool, but add in some wind and you’re still getting pelted with water. This Totes bubble umbrella is so nifty! Since it’s clear, you can see through it while its dome shape completely immerses you in a dry bubble. It may make you look silly, but nothing’s worse then fumbling with a rinky-dink umbrella when it gets inverted from the wind.

For the coffee lover

8. Mr. Coffee Automatic Coffeemaker

(Image via Mr. Coffee)

Drexel’s quarter system is no joke. We pull all-nighters. We pull our hair out. And when the exhaustion sets in, we drink coffee to combat three nights without sleep. This Mr. Coffee Programmable Coffeemaker will help us have our coffee right when we need it. This contraption acts almost like an alarm clock, you can load it the night before and set the timer for a few minutes before your alarm is supposed to go off. Now that’s a great way to wake up and smell the coffee!

9. Starbucks Gift Card

(Image via Starbucks) With a Starbucks conveniently located in Drexel’s LeBow College of Business, it’s hard to resist splurging on a caramel macchiato! When their dining dollars are running low, a Starbucks gift card can ensure that your student will still get to enjoy the caffeinated goodness of a sweet Frappuccino.

10. Saxbys Mug

(Image via Saxbys Coffee)

If you’re the kind of person who doesn’t like to give gift cards, here’s a gift your coffee lover will still appreciate! Drexel’s campus was #blessed with our very own Saxbys Coffee last year, but getting your fix from a café can be pricey (especially on a college student budget). Luckily, when you bring in your own reusable mug at Saxbys, they give you 15 percent off your order! So, you can purchase one of the many adorable thermoses from the Saxbys site and your Dragon will forever enjoy discounted Saxbys coffee!

For the professional

11. Laptop Bag

(Image via Zappos)

If they’re not on co-op already, chances are your student will be on co-op in just a few months. The list of things to buy for professional attire is endless from blazers to ballet flats! You can help your future professional out by crossing off a sleek laptop bag from their list! This one from Vera Bradley is super cute and classy!

For the cuddler

12. Husband Pillow

(Image via Macy’s)

If you didn’t equip your student with a husband pillow when they shipped off for school freshman year, now’s the time! The husband pillow is not only an excellent backrest, but also the perfect companion for late night study sessions or chill Friday nights in. This is a great gift from Dad because no butt kicking of college boys is necessary!

For the online shopper

13. Amazon Gift Card We know you don’t really like to give gift cards, but we love to receive them—especially if it’s for our go-to place for all our needs. Thanks to Amazon Prime you can get anything you need sent to your doorstep within two days. From textbooks to phone chargers, Amazon is a must for many students. We guarantee that an Amazon gift card will not go to waste!

There you have it! There’s something for everyone here. Parents, before you buy us socks (again), use this as the unofficial guide to gift giving for all the Dragons on your list! 

Ariana is a senior communications major and a writer for Her Campus at Drexel University. She loves to learn about pop culture, sex and gender, and is currently working on her senior project researching communication about sexual health on campus. Her go-to binge-worthy shows are Friends and Sex and the City.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.