10 Things You Didn’t Know About Phi Mu As Told By Elle Woods

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.
Phi Mu is a great sorority and we’ve really enjoyed having them join Her Campus Drexel for our
first Sorority Spotlight Month! Now that we’ve introduced their philanthropy, exec board, and 
other awesome members, we want to finish our month strong with 10 things you didn’t know 
about Phi Mu as told by Elle Woods. Enjoy, and don’t forget to attend their Wing Fest on May 2

1. We celebrated our 60th year on campus last year!

2. Our three ideals are love, honor, truth — we strive to live by these values every day. 

3. Our philanthropy event Wingfest is a wing-eating competition among Drexel students — it is THIS SATURDAY ON RACE LAWN! 

4. Our philanthropy benefits Children’s Miracle Network Hospital. Locally, we support 
CHOP!

5. We won the Drexel Student Life “Outstanding Event” Award for raising over $30,000 for 
CMNH in 2014. 

6. We had the 2nd highest GPA in Greek Life winter term!

7. We won Greek Week three years in a row from 2012-2014!

8. Community service is one of the best and most rewarding aspects of Phi Mu. One of our favorite community service activities is food preparation for the homeless.

9. We love intramural sports — we recently won PHC Basketball in the winter and PHC 
Flag Football in the fall!

10. One of the best aspects of Phi Mu is the sisterhood — it is amazing to always have 100+ 
sisters by your side!

The bond of sisterhood is strong, and Phi Mu’s passion for excellence and philanthropy is even 
stronger. Help these sisters continue to support the Children’s Miracle Network Hospital and go 
eat some wings May 2 on Race Lawn!
Lindsey is a senior at Drexel University, majoring in operations management & bus. analytics. She has been with Her Campus Drexel for four years and was CC for the middle two. Along with living the city life, she takes an active interest in street style, putting together puzzles and binge-watching her current Netflix obsession. She actually calls Montana her true home so now you can say you know that someone actually lives there ;). When she's in Philly, you can find her in Center City scouring the racks of thrift stores, Old Navy, and H&M if she's not on campus enjoying the multiple food trucks or catching up on the readings she put off until the last day.