This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Spring has finally arrived (despite the fact it snowed on the first day), meaning graduation is officially just around the corner. Whether you’re a freshman or a senior now is the perfect time to think about a few of the amazing things you should do before you graduate from Drexel! With a prime location in a busy city like Philly, your opportunities for adventure aren’t limited to Drexel’s campus. Check out the ten suggestions below!

1. Take a picture with the mascot

You can usually find our mascot Mario the Magnificent rooting for our sports teams and randomly wandering about campus. Now that spring has rolled around, we may see him out more so jump at the chance to take a picture if you see him!

2. Convince your professor to have class outside on a nice day

The perfect place to have class on a nice warm day is the Korman Quad. It will be worth it if you can convince your professor that class would be more enjoyable outside!

3. Take a picture at LOVE Park

If you were unaware, LOVE Park is located at John F. Kennedy Plaza in Center City. The park is beautiful, especially when the weather is nice. Unfortunately it is closed for renovations until Spring 2017, but you should definitely visit when it reopens!

4. Go for brunch at Sabrina’s Cafe  

Sabrina’s is the pride and joy of on-campus eateries. It js located at 227 N. 34th Street (right by Van R and Millennium) in Ross Commons and it’s a Philly brunch classic. Their portions are pretty big and the food is amazing. The only downside: the wait time. They don’t take reservations so you could end up waiting a while. But if you call ahead the same day you want to show up, you could cut your wait time significantly.  

5. Go sledding on the art museum steps

The Philadelphia Museum of Art’s famous steps make for a great place to sled when it snows. Whether you have an actual snowboard or you ‘borrow’ a tray from the Hans, it’s a great city tradition to take part in before you graduate!

6. Take a trip to Spruce Street Harbor Park

This is a pop-up Delaware River waterfront park that has it all – great food, multiple restaurants, plenty of hammocks to relax in, and a variety of games to play. At night, the park has colorful LED lights hanging from the trees, creating some beautiful scenery. This year the park opens on May 6th. Definitely make it a priority to visit!

7. Go to a South Street Festival

The South Street Spring Festival is a free festival that spans more than ten blocks, all of which are filled with vendors, participating restaurants, live bands, and more! The festival starts at Front Street and ends at 8th Street. This year, it will be on May 7th, so try to head over!

8. Try at least three different food trucks on campus

If you look around, you’ll notice that Drexel’s campus has no shortage of food trucks. With several of them lining Food Truck Alley and even more along Market and 33rd streets, you have a surplus of options to try. Don’t limit yourself to just one, branch out and try new foods!

9. Get involved with the Dornsife Center (outside of Civic 101)

The Dornsife Center, which is located on the corner of 35th and Spring Garden streets, works to build a partnership between Drexel students and the surrounding communities. The center provides free workshops and programs for families and individuals in the area, and also creates a space for students and locals to work together to create a better environment. They’re always looking for volunteers to help out, so definitely get involved!  

10. Write for a campus blog/publication like Her Campus at Drexel!

Her Campus is a global community for collegiate women and features tons of interesting content on style, beauty, health, love, entertainment, DIYs, and more! Drexel’s chapter is full of amazing women, and we’re always looking for more people (men and women!) to join the team. We have plenty of opportunities available outside of writing articles, so don’t be afraid to email drexel@hercampus.com for more information!

Rayauna is a sophomore Health Sciences major at Drexel University on the pre-med track. She spends most of her time glued to her computer either doing homework or online window-shopping. She practically lives on the second floor of Hagerty, but when she's not there you can find her sleep-walking to her 8 AM microbiology labs or spending all her dining dollars at Vegetate. She enjoys writing in her spare time, binge-watching Netflix, and catching up on the 50 different TV shows she currently watches.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.