Your Go-to Guide for Autumn Activities in Carlisle

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.

Dickinson offers lots of weekend activities on-campus, but it’s still nice to leave campus occasionally. Here are some of my favorite things to do around Carlisle in the fall!

1. Farmers on the Square

Farmers on the Square, a farmer’s market for vendors living within a 50 mile radius of Carlisle, happens every Wednesday from 3PM to 7PM! There are tons of delicious pastries, wood-fired pizza, assorted beverages and fresh produce. It’s the perfect way to unwind midweek! Make sure to visit before it’s moved indoors to Project SHARE on November 5th. Distance from campus: 0.5 miles  

2. Kings Gap

If you love hiking and being outdoors, Kings Gap is the place for you. It’s open daily from sunrise to sunset and offers 20 miles of trails. Kings Gap also holds a variety of events almost daily, including Halloween hikes in October!

Distance from campus: 12 miles  

3. Peters Orchard

One of the things I look forward to the most in the fall is apple cider! In my opinion, Peters Orchard is the best place in the Carlisle area to get it from. If you miss Farmers on the Square, Peters Orchard has tons of great produce (honey crisp apples are my personal favorite) and beverages as well! It’s open all year, but make sure to check the website because hours change every month.

Distance from campus: 12 miles  

4. Hersheypark in the Dark

Hersheypark in the Dark is perfect for those of you who are adrenaline junkies! Tickets are $36 per person, but there are cheaper options for groups of 20 or more. With various roller coasters, Halloween shows and Hershey’s Chocolate World nearby, you can easily justify taking a day trip to Hershey, PA. Make sure to visit before November to take advantage of the Halloween deals!

Distance from campus: 36 miles

5. Field of Screams

If you love horror movies and haunted houses like I do, make sure to visit Field of Screams. Field of Screams has certainly earned its title as America’s #1 Haunted Attraction with its Haunted Hayride, Den of Darkness, Frightmare Asylum and Nocturnal Wasteland. Tickets are $34 for all four of its attractions!

Distance from campus: 54 miles

Images: 1

Goeun Choi

Dickinson

Goeun is a senior psychology major and Senior Editor at Dickinson College. She works at the career center on campus and is involved in her chapter of Kappa Alpha Theta and in Psi Chi. French bulldogs, Mexican food (or any food), and bad reality TV are her weaknesses. Find her on Instagram at @goeun.