This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.

Thanksgiving is just a few days away and I wanted to take a moment to write down what I am thankful for. Life can get a little crazy sometimes and I think it’s important to sit down and appreciate what we have in life. 

My family

I’m always grateful for my family and I definitely don’t take the time to say that to them. I’m thankful for the relationships I have with different members in my family. Like being able to call my mom when I have an adult question I don’t know how to answer. Or my sister who understands my obsession with reality TV and will send me articles she thinks I will enjoy. Or my new brother-in-law who sends me the cutest videos and pictures of their dog, who I’m also very thankful for. 

My friends

Since being back on campus, I have loved being able to spend time with my friends while also making new ones! It’s great knowing I will have someone to grab lunch with or bake cookies with. A friend and I recently had a conversation that lasted 3 1/2 hours. It wasn’t planned but it was a nice surprise and made me realize how lucky I am to have friends who challenge me intellectually while also supporting me. 

My education

In my last year of college, I’m trying to appreciate every moment I have. This is probably the last time in my life that so many educational opportunities are available to me at the tip of my fingers. I’m glad I have this chance to learn about new subjects while also pursuing ones of my own interest. I’m also grateful for the new friends I’ve made through my classes as well as having professors that I can turn to whenever I need to talk. 

So just take a moment and list three things you’re thankful for. It’ll help you realize all of the positives in your life even when some moments might be stressful. Happy Thanksgiving!

Alexandra Loh

Dickinson '19

Alex is a senior English major at Dickinson College. Alex enjoys traveling, cooking, and watching college basketball.
Devon Carlson

Dickinson '20

Devon is a junior at Dickinson College, majoring in Political Science and Educational Studies. At Dickinson, she involves herself in a cappella and soccer, but outside of her school work and extracurriculars, she has a very strong passion for coffee and all things related to The Office.