The Ultimate Finals Week Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.

Finals may in fact be the worst time of the year for a college student, but maybe you can make it a little better with a fire playlist to get you through the week with minimal tears. Here are 12 songs you definitely want to add to your list on Spotify this week.

1. “That’s My Girl”

Artist(s): Fifth Harmony

Most relatable lyric: “Who’s been working so damn hard? You got that head on overload?”

This is the ultimate finals playlist song, and it combines girl power with all the motivation you need to absolutely crush exams.

2. “Something Good Can Work”

Artist(s): Two Door Cinema Club

Most relatable lyric: “You gotta step up your game to make it to the top, so go // You gotta show the world that something good can work, and it can work for you.”

Two Door Cinema Club is here to remind you that you got this.

3. “Sorry”

Artist(s): Justin Bieber

Most relatable lyric: “I know that I made those mistakes maybe once or twice, and by once or twice I mean maybe a couple of hundred times”

Okay, so maybe the whole song is pretty relatable, but the interpretation is up to you: when exams are finally over, are you saying sorry to your professors? To your parents? To God? Maybe all three.

4. “Stressed Out”

Artist(s): Twenty One Pilots

Most relatable lyric: “Wish we could turn back time, to the good old days // When our momma sang us to sleep but now we’re stressed out”

I don’t think there’s a student on this planet who has never had this thought at least once during finals.

5. “Drag Me Down”

Artist(s): One Direction

Most relatable lyric: “You stood by me, when no one else was ever behind me // All these lights can’t blind me // With your love, nobody can drag me down”

Shout-out to clinging to extra credit for dear life.

6. “Pursuit of Happiness”

Artist(s): Kid Cudi

Most relatable lyric: “Looking ahead, no turning back // If I fall if I die, know I lived life to the fullest”

A good reminder that finals aren’t everything.

7. “Afraid”  

Artist(s): The Neighbourhood

Most relatable lyric: “You make me wanna scream at the top of my lungs // It hurts but I won’t fight you // You suck anyway, you make me wanna die”

This may or may not be playing on repeat in my head as soon as studying for finals begins.

8. “Why Worry”

Artist(s): Set it Off

Most relatable lyric: All of it.

It seems like the entire song was made for students up studying for finals in the library at 3AM. As Set It Off says, “Stand up, life is too damn short.”

9. “Gucci Gucci”

Artist(s): Kreayshawn

Most relatable lyric: The editor, director plus I’m my own boss // So posh, nails fierce with the gold gloss // Which means nobody getting over me // I got the swag and it’s pumping out my ovaries

Kreayshawn can give you perfect amount of self confidence you need to power through the week.

10. “I Wish (My Taylor Swift)”

Artist(s): The Knocks

Most relatable lyric: “Be bad as hell, take no one’s shit // She’d be a boss and so legit”

The song says it all: be the boss you know you can be.

11. “Closer”

Artist(s): The Chainsmokers

Most relatable lyric: “Hey, I was doing just fine before I met you // Hey, you tell your friends it was nice to meet them // But I hope to never see them again”

Basically you at all of your classes the second you hand in the final. But NBD, no hard feelings, right?

12. “She Looks So Perfect”

Artist(s): 5 Seconds of Summer

Most relatable lyric: “We work too damn hard just to give it up now // If you don’t swim, you’ll drown”

This is a reminder to keep on swimming, because you’ve worked way too hard all year to stop now.

18 year old Trump supporter. ...still reading? Avid hockey fan, dedicated equestrian, aspiring healthy human, and professional stressed out college student.