So You’re Stuck on Campus: 3 Things to Do On-Campus During Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.

If you won’t be going home this spring break, don’t worry because there are plenty of things that you can do on-campus to still enjoy your mini vacation. Whether you will be spending the week with friends or alone, there is always something that you can do.

Plan #1: Host a Mental Health Day

Face masks, nail polish, Netflix. That is the perfect recipe for a mental health day of relaxation and no stress. Hosting a mental health day is a simple and inexpensive thing to do on-campus during spring break. This is also a great idea to spend time catching up with your friends or even to spend alone and have some me-time!

Plan #2: Have a Throwback Day

Having a throwback day is nostalgia at its finest. With all of the different changes that are constantly being bombarded to you, having a throwback day is a great on-campus activity to just sit back and relax while binge-watching. Here are a couple of movies that you can watch:

Plan #3: Spring Cleaning

Isn’t it crazy to think that spring break is the semester signal of the halfway point of the spring semester? If you will be on-campus this spring break, why not indulge in some spring cleaning to help reduce the stress and work that you will have to do at the end of the semester? Start packing away your winter clothes and sort through your belongings of things that you want to bring home, throw away, and maybe even donate. Spring cleaning is an annual ritual that makes life a whole lot easier and relaxing.

Spring break is a great opportunity to decompress and just take a break. What are your plans for this week?

Vivian is the current Campus Correspondent and Marketing Director of the Her Campus chapter at F&M, where she has been a member for 3 years. She is a senior at Franklin & Marshall College, studying business and sociology. In her free time, she can be found catching up on TV shows, reading novels, or spending time with her sorority sisters. Her interests include branding, public relations, and marketing.
Devon Carlson

Dickinson '20

Devon is a junior at Dickinson College, majoring in Political Science and Educational Studies. At Dickinson, she involves herself in a cappella and soccer, but outside of her school work and extracurriculars, she has a very strong passion for coffee and all things related to The Office.